Carrier

Any hint for obtaining the shell ?

@flexkid You can PM me for that part.

Do you have to use or write a script to get root or is there another way?

Great box. Brush up on networking for priv esc, including the Linux tools commonly used for network administration and troubleshooting.

@Skunkfoot said:

There it another way, you don’t have to write or use any kind of script, just the tools already available in the machine.

@veterano said:

@Skunkfoot said:

There it another way, you don’t have to write or use any kind of script, just the tools already available in the machine.

Okay I thought so, just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Need some hints on what to do after identified the b* and the things in iptable.

whoami : root, what should i do search for root.txt ?

@Sidxzx said:
whoami : root, what should i do search for root.txt ?

Negative Ghostrider. You can search all you want, but this box is a little more complex than just getting a reverse shell. You’re going to have to do some more enumeration and a lot of research on the services and their vulnerabilities

My advice: test it locally. At this point you should have an idea of what’s happening. Make sure you encode it back! :slight_smile:

I wonder if my way of rooting it was the intended one. I tried to replicate a ‘famous hack’ demonstrated a while ago. But then I figured - why pass on something interesting that you already have - better deal with it yourself!

My advice is to enumerate the whole network carefully - you can use bash one-liners as nmap replacement.

@kekra said:
I wonder if my way of rooting it was the intended one. I tried to replicate a ‘famous hack’ demonstrated a while ago. But then I figured - why pass on something interesting that you already have - better deal with it yourself!

I’d be interested to hear of this alternate method if you’d like to discuss.

@Skunkfoot said:

I’d be interested to hear of this alternate method if you’d like to discuss.

I am also interested - it’s not really a totally different method, more like ‘half of the famous hack’ but ‘acting more actively’. Perhaps I’m wrong and it was the intended method…

I’m pretty stumped with this one. I got user, and was able to scan from that box; I think I understand the attack I need to pull off, but I can’t seem to get it to work. Anyone willing to just help me debug what I’m doing via PM?

EDIT: I managed to pop the root flag, although I’m not 100% sure the way I did it was how you were supposed to do it (though it was close). This box really needs to be rated higher than it is on difficulty, but I loved the attack.

already login in the website. Problem now is where to go… some hint would be good…
BTW: reading the Tickets, do i need to check on those IP?

After logging into the app successfully, I am now struggling with RCE. I believe I am in the right page. Appreciate some hints as I think Nikto gave a false positive of a vulnerability.

You don’t need Nikto to get a shell. If you believe it’s a right page just tried different techniques to inject the code. If nothing still works then try the same but encode the payload this time.

So i have the Serial Number… What do i do… im clueless…Please DM

Finally i logged in to the webapp now what?

@LordeDestro said:
Finally i logged in to the webapp now what?

Look at the options you have. Play around with them and see if there are any values that you can mess with.

i got s******ta.**t file looks like root.txt – rabbit holes ? :anguished:
and now stuck, can anyone help to shed some lights ?

EDIT: np, got it :slight_smile:
thanks to @snowscan for creating this box!