Hint for Sunday

Got first user ssh, found text …got second user hash …please PM me with a nudge on cracking the second user.

@beards4ever said:
Got first user ssh, found text …got second user hash …please PM me with a nudge on cracking the second user.

Nudged myself …got the second cred …but now the ssh service is getting DDOS’d …no need to bruteforce the service to get this box.

• edit - not being DDoS’d …for got to change the darn port …now trying to get root

Anyone want to give a N00b a push on the method to push the flag back to socket …know basic concept but syntax is being problematic …hit me via PM

@pp123 said:
Ok, I got root.txt, but should you also be able to access the box as root user? Could someone clarify that for me, please?

Yes it is possible.

Finally got root …tried to get way to fancy… thanks to @Draco123 …for the final push

I finally got root.txt… thanxs @Draco123 !!!

Hi all,
So I have the hashes but cannot get any program to process them, I keep getting errors indicating the formatting is wrong. Is there anyone I can PM?

FORGET: Got it but took a great deal of trial and error! :slight_smile:

Hey, everyone. :slight_smile: I’m still pretty new at this, but I’ve got the second user and user flag, and now I’m just working on root. I’m pretty sure I know which tool I have to use to get there, and I’ve found a couple things in the man pages for it that look like they have potential, but that’s where I’m hitting a dead end.

I’m prob just being noobsauce and overthinking it, but if anyone’s got a minute to give a nudge in the right direction, I’d be real thankful.

Edit: Figured out what I needed to do, and am making progress with it. Pretty sure my issue now is just syntax.

Hi I am very stuck , I don’t know what I have to do to get user shell… Maybe rockyou brutefoce over users is the way ?

Please some hints

Hi all, need some help with this as its really starting to frustrate me as its probably something simple. Where i am so far is i found the high port, i guessed (htb default) 1 of the accounts (su****). I can see the txt file but I cannot read it and don’t know what to do to read it. i assume it involves the sa**** account. if someone could DM and offer some assistance with what to do next please :slight_smile:

@evilcall said:
Hi I am very stuck , I don’t know what I have to do to get user shell… Maybe rockyou brutefoce over users is the way ?

Please some hints

Hi, here some hints:

• Enumerate with nmap(high ports).
  • One service will give you first user info. To get ssh shell with first user you must think easy (HTB default). Test with logical passwords, you have it in front of you.

rooted, any one need help, just pm me. Thanks @Ompamo for the help

is it normal that this box disconnects me for broken pipe?
is somebody fucking me for the lulz?

Nah, I think that’s normal. It’s done that to me almost constantly for two weeks. Makes it hard to try anything for sake of having to reconnect every two minutes. It’s finally behaving for me today, but I might have just gotten lucky.

Got root…pm me if you need help…

having trouble gaining root access, if someone could shoot me a hint that’d be great. Preciate you!

@xcredence said:
having trouble gaining root access, if someone could shoot me a hint that’d be great. Preciate you!

Working on privesc too and feel im close… want to compare notes and work on it ?

Finally rooted, thanks @Draco123

Can someone give the list of open ports? Have tried several diffferent approaches to scan the ports but nothing is working properly… Thanks.

EDIT:
Nvm got it working now

Looks like the service with “high port number” is crashing constantly, last 2hrs is unavailable.