Senseless Behaviour

@Scheznyk said:
Don’t be deceived by those 4 files

And shoutout to @thereallulz and @rewks for the hints

I have got only 1 file… and its a file with random letters and numbers… i have no clue on how to proceed…

@HeiGou said:
Shout out to @thereallulz for the nudge in the right direction.

If you have a bunch of seemingly random data, it is not random decode and change the file type. When you see what the actual binary data says you will know the file type you need.

Follow this @NightHunter007

@Scheznyk said:
Don’t be deceived by those 4 files

And shoutout to @thereallulz and @rewks for the hints

So, those 4 files are not in the right direction. Need to re-think then. Trying a few more app to find hidden data in the wav file and still getting no lucks.

Any hint and clue please.

I’ve got some “secrets” from what I believe to be the final image. Am I missing something to decrypt? Can i do something solely with these 2 “secrets”?

That challenge is awsome o.o

I need some hints, I’m stuck. First I got 4 files mysql compressed, then I tried different tools (soc, audacity, sonic visualizer) with no results.

@deleite said:
I need some hints, I’m stuck. First I got 4 files mysql compressed, then I tried different tools (soc, audacity, sonic visualizer) with no results.

same :frowning: :facepalm: Thanks, @L:+1:

@rewks said:
I managed to get an 18000+ line text file from the audio clip, which I’ve been playing around with in various ways and have now ended up with a huge hex dump that has a PNG signature, IHDR chunk and IEND chunk… but I can’t figure out how to view it as an image, and can’t find any useful looking strings in it.

Am I on the right track with this or have I gone way off course or even been trolled by the creator? Could use a nudge either way…

What tool did you use ?

The solution wasn’t hard. Just remember to try all tools you know on the files for this challenge!!! Thanks to @petelska for the help.

I tried many tools any hint will be very appreciate

How did you guys extract the data from the file?

The output from binwalk looks like false positives, steghide finds nothing, LSB encoding in both LE and BE format outputs garbage…

I got the file with random strings.I’m stuck here.Someone can give me any hints?

@deleite said:

firstly, you should use stegcracker tool for .wav file. And then you will get output file with base64 encoded

i got the file with random meaningless strings. I don’t know what am I supposed to do. Can anyone give me some hints on PM?

@qwertyH4ck said:
i got the file with random meaningless strings. I don’t know what am I supposed to do. Can anyone give me some hints on PM?

If you watch carefully, you’ll see these strings look like they are encoded!

@qwertyH4ck said:

Decode the strings, get the hex dump with the file extension pointed (when you’ll try to get ascii out of that), then convert the dump into the file. You’ll get an image, then use a stego tool and try all the filters until you see something extraordinary) Then apply the senseless system to decode it!

@redlily said:

@qwertyH4ck said:

Decode the strings, get the hex dump with the file extension pointed (when you’ll try to get ascii out of that), then convert the dump into the file. You’ll get an image, then use a stego tool and try all the filters until you see something extraordinary) Then apply the senseless system to decode it!

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

@Andro6 said:

@deleite said:

firstly, you should use stegcracker tool for .wav file. And then you will get output file with base64 encoded

This. If you hadn’t have said this, I never would’ve known what to do. Not a big fan of challenges that require you to know about some obscure tool on github. That being said, at least now I know about that tool, so that’s cool I guess.

Overall, it was a fun challenge and good learning experience. Maybe he should’ve left a reference to stegcracker as a hint or something.

nevermind, got it

I’m stuck at last step, any help?