SecNotes

I learned a lot even when i was in the wrong way :slight_smile:
Thank you @0xdf .

Rooted, wow a long way to get the flag :slight_smile: Trying harder things than the easy way.

Need help with initial foothold. Dumped the users with hashes. Can someone please pm me?

EDIT 1: got through! Thanks @Kadi
EDIT 2: just got root. Thanks to all who helped me out. It is easy if you know what to do.

Great box @0xdf . A sweet experience once you get there.

Can somebody PM me ? i’m totally lost with privesc

EDIT :
I get root !
PM me if needed

I got root.txt. Has anyone root shelled this box?

@x0xxin said:
I got root.txt. Has anyone root shelled this box?

I just manage to get it. Very fun box, root shell not needed but popped for fun. It’s probably not the easiest way but some tools were just acting funny against this box - anyone else got it in a nice, clean way? At the moment the way I got root shell it’s a two stage process…

500 - Internal server error :astonished: :anguished:

Edit: Get user :sleepy:

@Ju577Ry said:
500 - Internal server error :astonished: :anguished:

Correct your query

Getting the basic info was pretty easy. But after that I was stuck for hours when I forgot an option in the first thing I do in my basic enumeration. After that it was very straight forward to get user, but I’m still stuck at the privesc. Spend hours on it, trying multiple things. Some hints are very welcome!

Can someone help me with a hint by pm, is secnotes app vulnerable? Where to focus?

Nice machine. For privesc hint… don’t overthink it, there is pretty easy way of getting it. Just think about two things - not that old windows feature which wasn’t available in earlier windows versions + basic enumeration you do once you figure out first thing :slight_smile:

As mentioned before, root is pretty strait forward, once you discover the feature, which was just added to Windows 10. You don’t have to execute it - think about it…

I got a nc reverse shell but with this shell I can’t execute interactive commands (as the one I think I need to run to privesc). So, how could I upgrade it to a interactive shell ?

@RawTables said:
I got a nc reverse shell but with this shell I can’t execute interactive commands (as the one I think I need to run to privesc). So, how could I upgrade it to a interactive shell ?

I think this is basically one of the problems I encounter getting privesc. Almost everything I try is not functioning.
Edit: I’m a bit further with this, you have to find a certain exe. Just basically run it from anywhere. It might throw an error but just ignore, it won’t give any feedback and will look like it hangs.
EDIT: Finally got it after hours… pfff what a box. Weird way to get the flag tho. Basic Linux enumeration but you have to think outside the box.

The user flag was easy but rooting this is a pain. I’m root on the box but cannot get to the flag. I feel I’m really close and I’m missing one thing. Can anyone PM some pointers?

@jbob said:
The user flag was easy but rooting this is a pain. I’m root on the box but cannot get to the flag. I feel I’m really close and I’m missing one thing. Can anyone PM some pointers?

Rooted! That was a not a Priv Esc I was expecting . Thanks @lun3r and thanks @0xdf for creating this fun yet frustrating box. Learnt a lot of ways in how not to get the flag.

Maybe someone can give me a hint for the *** Inj****n on the login page. I think there is a little mistake in the syntax. Please PM or i’m on the wrong path?

I got credentials but not sure where to apply them to get shell. Any hint? please PM

Rooted! What a fun machine this was!

Wow, what a great machine! Really fun stuff. I love that there’s no plug and play exploits or anything like that, it’s almost entirely critical thinking and reading key files.

ADMINS: Please remove any part of this that may contain spoilers. Thanks.

For those struggling:

Initial foothold: After you do your initial scan, while you’re messing around, make sure you run a more complete scan in the background. It might just turn something up that your first scan didn’t.

Next step: There’s some really good cheat sheets out there cheat sheets out there. One of IppSec’s past videos alludes to the vulnerability, but this one is much simpler and you don’t have to go nearly as in depth. Once you get in, just look around. Everything you need is right in front of you, can’t stress that enough. Start with the basics.

Now maybe you can use what you found to gain access to a running service. Notice that there’s not much here. If you’re confused, ask for help and read through the responses. See what you’re allowed to do.

Once you figure that out, you can try to get a simple RCE script running. Just like in other boxes, RCE will usually allow you to enumerate certain parts of the filesystem, and potentially even run commands on the system. Just remember to hurry up, or think of a way you can make your new situation less temporary.

Once you get stable access, the rest is actually really easy, although it might not seem like it at first. Some of the hints in this thread are spot on: Notice the interesting directory? Think about what that means. If you were running that program as a user, that would give you different available programs, right? Maybe looking around for some of the more important or common ones will help you find what you need.

Once you find the “long” filepath, enumerate, enumerate, enumerate! Just like you would for any other system! That should be everything you need. You don’t need to run any programs once you gain access or anything like that.

You can PM me, but if you do, your questions better be well thought-out and I expect to see what you’ve been trying, otherwise how will I know how to help guide you? No more of this ‘plz help me I need it just tell me how’ ■■■■. :slight_smile:

EDIT: First PM after writing this: “SecNotes help logged in but dont know what to do”

Guys. This is NOT how you ask for help.