Hint for Fighter

the first rule!! it is front read it and add them to gether!. :slight_smile:

@thkr said:

@XXYXZX said:

@valkyrix said:
[…]
thanks, think i found it. not just to figure out how to actually get into the site ._.

Let’s just say that this step is simpler than you might think. A lot of funkiness going on there but stay old school and straightforward.

This means that I am missing something - if I am not ready with bruteforce after one week, then I do it wrong right?

It might be a ‘CASE’ of trying harder. XD

So is there no systematic way of finding the old members site? Is it just educated guessing from cryptic clues?

If anyone wants to put me out of my misery please do PM me.

@izzie said:

There’s half a dozen different things that we could change the case of! Usernames, passwords, form fields, cookie fields, other HTTP headers…

We could be bruteforcing in all caps for another week and still not find anything because we were supposed to do it in mixed case instead!

Gah! This box is enraging…

@opt1kz said:

@izzie said:

There’s half a dozen different things that we could change the case of! Usernames, passwords, form fields, cookie fields, other HTTP headers…

We could be bruteforcing in all caps for another week and still not find anything because we were supposed to do it in mixed case instead!

Gah! This box is enraging…

MiXeD cASe AlL tHE tHIngS

Edit: Figured it out thanks to @izzie

@NeilSec said:
So is there no systematic way of finding the old members site? Is it just educated guessing from cryptic clues?

If anyone wants to put me out of my misery please do PM me.

There is a ‘game-ism’ occuring, something is missing from the htb infrastructure that you need to account for…

Edit: Solved that problem.

Sorry to double post, but how do you deal with the firewall when going for a user shell?

@opt1kz said:
Sorry to double post, but how do you deal with the firewall when going for a user shell?

The firewall has (at least) two ‘holes’ - at well known places!

■■■■, you’re right. It’s my connectback that’s not working. Thanks.

Edit: Owned. Getting the initial shell is the most difficult part of this box, hands down. Getting user requires some guesswork. Getting root is the easiest part of the whole ordeal. Thanks to everyone who provided me with guidance.

After a few painful weeks, I finally got it. Thanks to @kekra & @opt1kz for their help. One of the best, hardest boxes on HTB at the moment. Kudos to @decoder & @Cneeliz. Never give up and don’t forget to Try Harder!!!

I finally have the login page, but I’m not able to get into it. sqlmap does not give anything here. what could I be missing?

Edit: nvm. sqlmap started talking.

Hmmm, is this hard because it takes alot of guessing ? I have tried CeWL and Crunch to perform custom dirbusting but I found nothing :frowning: Any hint ? by PM ? I have also tested for steganography on the various images files in both the /images and /Images directories…I tried to bruteforce for various extensions (.asp,aspx,.htm,.html,.js,.css,.png,.tiff,.txt etc…). I followed all the links on the page, but found nothing of great interest. I guess the next thing I can try is to mix case my wordlists and run dirb again…arghh, hate these boxes :smiley:

argh… stuck on getting a shell…
this is turning out difficult than I thought it would be

Edit: Found it.

Any hint available for the injection? I’ve found the login page but cant seem to identify the injection/exploit

I know it was asked before but I cant seem to find the old members login page… tried all sorts of wordlist for parameters, directories and hostnames combinations (com,htb,cap.com,old….). need help pls

@edadi said:
I know it was asked before but I cant seem to find the old members login page… tried all sorts of wordlist for parameters, directories and hostnames combinations (com,htb,cap.com,old….). need help pls

I recommend you read this article, concerning bindings in IIS:

https://www.sherweb.com/blog/how-to-set-up-site-bindings-in-internet-information-services-iis/

This might help you find the members section…