Sunday: I can't find the user.txt on /home/(username). Someone deleted it?

Hi, everyone! I am playing on Sunday. I got access with the user and I can’t find the file user.txt. There is someone who is going to play on it right now? Do you have my same problem or I am doing something wrong? Thanks!

If you’ve done previous boxes, remember that the user.txt flag is not in the /home directory. You’re not looking in the right place. If you’re confused think about other ways of finding the proper directory.

Okay, many thanks! I am new in hacking and on this site and I hacked just a couple of machines. Okay, I will try to search the file so. Thanks again :slight_smile:

can anyone give me nmap results for this machine mine is taking 4ever

Could there be more than one user you could get creds for?

You got the wrong user

simple command and you will find / what you looking for

Thanks guy, I already found the file but I’ve got the wrong user (as @wilsonnkwan tried to say to me before :slight_smile: )! I tried to bruteforce the right user with hydra but seems there is some issues. So, I tried to use hydra using the user and the password I already know is good and Hydra says: no password found. Any hint?

@TheoRelativity said:
Thanks guy, I already found the file but I’ve got the wrong user (as @wilsonnkwan tried to say to me before :slight_smile: )! I tried to bruteforce the right user with hydra but seems there is some issues. So, I tried to use hydra using the user and the password I already know is good and Hydra says: no password found. Any hint?

No need that. Just check the file system.

Hi, I’m new here and I don’t have the idea about how to deal with this box, i tried to open the link directly but the code I got wrong should I exploit the box?

The passwords and users are words game

@fasetto thanks for the hint. I tried to check it before and I didn’t find nothing that could being interesting but I was wrong. Now, I am going to take another look. Thanks again :slight_smile: