Jerry

So annoyed on how long it took me to figure out how to read the file, literally just learned that last semester. But now i’ll never forget.

If you need a hint, please PM me. This is a starter box, and I will help you out.

Rooted. Nice box.

can someone PM me for a hint on this?

Easy friend “”

Got the shell!! But couldn’t find the user.txt file…
Any help on this??

@newhacker96 said:
Got the shell!! But couldn’t find the user.txt file…
Any help on this??

Look in the users directory.

rooted this machine a few days ago - struggled on it for days when it was extremely simple .-. Many thanks to @outrun for helping me.

I was able to get the both user and root flags without any privilege escalation. Is the box intended for this or someone messing it?

This is driving me mad. I originally tried what I now believe to be the correct method - it didn’t work, so I went down the rabbit hole. I’ve since seen a blog post on this which uses the exact same method I originally tried. Would be grateful if someone who’s done this could set me straight .

I have created a .war file using msfvenom and deployed it on the tomcat manager, but I don’t get a reverse shell on my netcat listener . Does anyone have this problem too or I am missing something

@pramoddahate said:
I have created a .war file using msfvenom and deployed it on the tomcat manager, but I don’t get a reverse shell on my netcat listener . Does anyone have this problem too or I am missing something

That’s my issue as well right now. I think it’s just the way I’m putting the payload together.

Just gonna proudly post that this was the first CTF I’ve ever done, and I got both flags :smiley:

Got it. My payload setup was wrong. I was sending it to the wrong IP ???

But I went in and was automatically system… No need for priv esc.

Frustrated I cannot access the file I need too lol

someone seems to have deleted the contents of the flag.txt

@pramoddahate said:

I am getting access denied when trying to get into the flags dir

@CodeGhost said:

@pramoddahate said:

I am getting access denied when trying to get into the flags dir

type 2 for the price of 1.txt

finally rooted :slight_smile: Ping me if you need a nudge

@pramoddahate said: