Hawk

Rooted, nice box. Quite tricky. Got root without the poison like solution :slight_smile:

Rooted. For those of you that have a problem with last step of privesc, if you are looking on the login page of interesting service and you also have Poison like access… The login process could be very trivial if you don’t focus only on the login credentials but also on the referenced file. Ask yourself, is url in form referring to something, what actually exists? If it is not, can we change that?

Hope this helps because this was for me the most tricky thing in this otherwise cool machine.

Guys the “exploit” on searchsploit doesn’t work for me…i tried with Daniel and with the “water stream”…any hints ?

Edit: Rooted! Someone was messing with root.txt file or smt…

I’m going to lose my mind. I cracked the ***nc within a few minutes but can’t for the life of me figure out what to do with my new-found creds.

Some hint via PM would be appreciated.

Any hint on which c***** & d***** to use when cracking the .enc file? Have build a python script but it doesn’t seem to work after 2+ days of trying

@ccma40 said:
I’m going to lose my mind. I cracked the ***nc within a few minutes but can’t for the life of me figure out what to do with my new-found creds.

Some hint via PM would be appreciated.

So, it seems (based on PM feedback) that I’ve likely got the right creds, but they are not working on the form that should take them. If anyone can PM me with a particular URL it would be appreciated…I feel like my box is jacked

Rooted, learnt a lot.

For those in trouble with this box, these are my hints:

• for the enc file, “go for bruteforcing”
  • once you access the web portal, google for a way of reversing
  • for root, you need creds in a certain file that it’s pretty straightforward to find
  • poison way

Rooted.

If anyone is interested in sharing, I’d love to know about the poison way with creds. I know how that would be done, but I got root without going that way, so I guess there are two ways to get root. If you did it the poison way I’d love to talk.

If anyone else is stuck and needs some direction, I’m happy to help. Feel free to PM me.

Edit: nvm, It was in my face all the time.

Rooted!!

If anybody knows about any different ways to receive shell when you are root or user that would be awesome what an amazing box and absolutely new skill with this one

Anyone care to pm me some details on decrypting the file? Got most of it I think would like to know if I’m way off before I bury more time. I figure, File > B***** > A***** >profit. But stuck with the last step for some reason.

Just managed to crack the encrypted file - did not find that easy at all. Feel free to PM, working on a user shell now.

could someone please give me a pm to check if what im doing to get root.txt is right? I think i got it, but “nothing happens”

@raystr said:
could someone please give me a pm to check if what im doing to get root.txt is right? I think i got it, but “nothing happens”

Got it! messed up the last part for way to long.

Jeez I’m baffled here… Crossed that river to quench my thirst, logged in to console and went through all the data but nothing to get into root… Used same method as previous box forwarding through tunnel but maybe I’m not privileged to view the data I want?

@3s073r1k said:
Jeez I’m baffled here… Crossed that river to quench my thirst, logged in to console and went through all the data but nothing to get into root… Used same method as previous box forwarding through tunnel but maybe I’m not privileged to view the data I want?

search for mannual exploitation of known vulnerability relates to console on google

@loopspell said:

@3s073r1k said:

search for mannual exploitation of known vulnerability relates to console on google

Thanks ?

Has anyone else had a problem with a php reverse shell? I leave netcat listening, and I get a connection, and then it closes immediately. On the web front, it says connection refused.

@sh3lbst3r said:
Has anyone else had a problem with a php reverse shell? I leave netcat listening, and I get a connection, and then it closes immediately. On the web front, it says connection refused.

Try another one

So I got the file cracked using my own trivial script like others have done, it seems. But what is wrong with the github tool b*********-s*****-o******? Seems to be the right tool for the job, and the syntax is simple? Not that it is a very big deal, but maybe someone would be kind enough to tell me in private a syntax that allows the tool to work? Might be nice to know.