Giddy

I have a shell :smiley:

For now I am stucked at escape from limited access that you have from web interface. Any hint?

@zyaya said:
For now I am stucked at escape from limited access that you have from web interface. Any hint?

+1 . anyone with some suggestions ?

Rooted! What a journey lol… Fun box but certainly not my favourite, had me banging my head far too many times.

If anyone needs a hint catch me on mattermost… mochan

Has anyone done this box without a windows attack box? I run mac and vms of kali do not have a copy of windows to use for a challenge without pirating which is not a good thing to be doing.

@genxweb said:
Has anyone done this box without a windows attack box? I run mac and vms of kali do not have a copy of windows to use for a challenge without pirating which is not a good thing to be doing.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

You can download legitimate windows VM’s there for trial use. I solely run linux with a kali vm. When I need windows, that link is where I get mine from.

@epi said:

@genxweb said:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

You can download legitimate windows VM’s there for trial use. I solely run linux with a kali vm. When I need windows, that link is where I get mine from.

Thanks will do that.

Ended up doing all stuff from linux attack box, seems that my browser session was buggy, got stable web shell via linux box.

Liked the initial foothold on this box, but getting priv esc /root was a bit too … easy in my opinion going for the flag.

so i have the username computer name cracked hashes which game password.

when i try using those to log on /****** P*****ll i it says anothorized, can some pm me please. ?

Forgot to mention this box is able to be completed without a Windows attack box.

I had some issues getting Powershell Web Access to work but it was cause I was missing some simple things in the username field.

@crysthoffer said:
“****** has reached the maximum allowed number of sessions per user. To start a new session, the user must first sign out from another session.”. I need to wait, or I can bypass this?

its 2 active user(sessions) allowed not more (its WIndows thing), so maybe you have to wait more time on free servers

I’m stucked on priv esc, can anyone help me? Pm please

Ok after retrieving root flag…decided to go after a real root/system shell… and just verified successfully reverse shell is indeed possible :slight_smile:

A small hint for Priv Esc - basic enumeration/research and its right in front of you

Very nice machine. Easy to read the file once you know the path. Learned a lot in the initial steps to user. I went back modified the code I wrote to add myself to the machine as an administrator for poops and giggles.

I’ll leave my review here. The machine was outstanding good and hard, learned a ton from it. Now to the part were i give some kind of usefull hint, for everyone that is trying to abuse the Common Factor attack that you already located you need to abuse it in a type of a different way to achieve getting what you need(Creds). Take a look into that page,http://www.patrickkeisler.com/2012/11/how-to-use-xpdirtree-to-list-all-files.html i have to say that this one is a major spoil for undergoind the whole machine process, so everyone that is overly dramatic either take your eyes away from it, or report it as SPOIL.

anyone rooted this box I can PM? I know what I have to do but for some strange reason the exploit does not seem to work.

Really nice machine. Respect to @lkys37en

Update: NVM, got user.txt

Nice box, logging in was sporadic tho

been on privesc for 2-3 days now. i know what im able to do and what i can read, found a few interesting things but not anything i can use… im now a bit blinded by it all and struggling to move forward

is there anyone will to discuss with me over pm?