SecNotes

@Mapperist said:
I know what I need to do in order to get root. Well, at least, I think I do. The problem is that the .exe I needed used to be there. But now it’s not. I’ve used this .exe earlier on but I can’t seem to find it anywhere now. There’s a shortcut for it on the desktop but it’s not in the location where that shortcut is pointing. Any ideas?

I got stuck on this for days dude. Try not to focus too hard on the .exe itself, but what it could create. As soon as I realised this I had root.txt instantly.

@ashishjv1 said:

@ashishjv1 said:

@Seepckoa said:

@mxchai said:
Would be nice if someone could PM me about the initial foothold. I have no idea what to do except testing the web app, of which I found only XSS.

Thanks!

You need to do a little enumeration at the login level, we could inject what in a login page ?

i pretty much get what i need to do but the usernames taken * all of it *

Need to wait for my turn i guess ! :anguished:

Took me 2 days just to find xxxx.exe . Did someone mess up with the file or was it intentionally kept there ?

Rooted !

You didn’t even need to find “IT”, you could of accessed it from anywhere. :wink:

@DataPush3r said:

@ashishjv1 said:

@ashishjv1 said:

@Seepckoa said:

@mxchai said:
Would be nice if someone could PM me about the initial foothold. I have no idea what to do except testing the web app, of which I found only XSS.

Thanks!

You need to do a little enumeration at the login level, we could inject what in a login page ?

i pretty much get what i need to do but the usernames taken * all of it *

Need to wait for my turn i guess ! :anguished:

Took me 2 days just to find xxxx.exe . Did someone mess up with the file or was it intentionally kept there ?

Rooted !

You didn’t even need to find “IT”, you could of accessed it from anywhere. :wink:

Is there a way to access it from anywhere ? If Yes, Could you PM Me ?

2 days to find that ****.exe?

Takes only minutes with the right dir command… :stuck_out_tongue:

@quadzer0 said:
2 days to find that ****.exe?

Takes only minutes with the right dir command… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup ! I fell for the .lnk trap … :angry:

Hey guys, anyone else having trouble having a persistent shell (user level)? Mine drops everytime after about 20 seconds. Not sure what I’m doing wrong

I’m having the same problem @Elios, i’ve tried different shells :anguished:

Same here @Elios and @Luisk2, not sure if it’s part of the challenge or it’s unstable

@Elios said:
Hey guys, anyone else having trouble having a persistent shell (user level)? Mine drops everytime after about 20 seconds. Not sure what I’m doing wrong

same here…

never once seen the shell drop on this box. Don’t know what your doing, but I used multiple different shells, and none dropped. I did get a couple hangs, but it was because I was doing stuff to hang it, while experimenting

kudos to this box :smiley: :slight_smile: fun one… PM for nudges …

@stahaa said:

@Elios said:

same here…

try different shells for starters and see how they behave

@w31rd0 said:

@sysTester said:

@Elios said:

same here…

hmm… i am gonna try, thanks

@stahaa said:

@w31rd0 said:

@stahaa said:

@Elios said:

same here…

hmm… i am gonna try, thanks

i had quite a few unstable shells at some point… but one method i used was quire stable after all…
so maybe reset if you see no difference after all

@Elios said:

There might be a script that deletes files you upload after a certain time? :wink:

i got the initial credential but now i am stuck. how do i get reverse shell. Please give some hints : (

@DataPush3r said:
I’ve got creds, and I can save stuff to the server. But I can’t get RCE or a shell with any of the methods I’ve already tried. Can anyone PM with a nudge in the proper direction?

i have also stuck on same. what i need to do next

I’ve been stuck on getting a shell to work for a week. im guessing you have to rename the shell to one of the files in the directory so it doesnt get deleted but any of the ones i try i never see a connection from the server to my laptop in a tcpdump.

rooted this one, PM me for a nudge

@peacemindlav said:

@DataPush3r said:
I’ve got creds, and I can save stuff to the server. But I can’t get RCE or a shell with any of the methods I’ve already tried. Can anyone PM with a nudge in the proper direction?

i have also stuck on same. what i need to do next

Try different shells. :wink: