Mischief after patch

can anybody pm me about priv esc?

Rooted. What a ride that was.

As everyone else has said, the box lives up to its name. I was stuck spinning my wheels on privilege escalation for I don’t even know how long, and has already been said several times… It’s right there under your nose.

I got logged in to the second login section on the special location and i have tried a few things even tried to monitor for a response but nothing comes back. I gone back to basics with the info and only one new thing shows but cant access even while logged in. Hopefully i worded in a way to avoid spoilers. Can some message me a nudge. THanks

@opt1kz said:
Rooted. What a ride that was.

As everyone else has said, the box lives up to its name. I was stuck spinning my wheels on privilege escalation for I don’t even know how long, and has already been said several times… It’s right there under your nose.

I have a big nose but nothing under it so far :slight_smile:

rooted : ) positive rating for this box, def worth the hours spent

Rooted, an awesome box full of tricks. Feel free to PM if you need some help.

Finally rooted this thing, what a painful machine to do

anyone else had problem with this box?

i know how to get root but i am having connection issue… can anyone pm me?

nvm, i found the issue and rooted.

Anyone able to PM? Stuck on priv esc. Got a few ideas but cant get anything solid working. Any advice or pointers would be great.

NVM rooted was in front of me the whole time…

Got the user…But i am not able to find any leads for the root…
Edit:Got the root flag…it was a lovely and painful journey…but finally worth it

Fuuucccckkk Excelent Box. Enjoyed very much. The all entire machine is a trol. Follow instructions of all comments here

Amazing box. A complete mindmelt. priv esc took me a good couple of days to figure it out.

I’m not sure if my root was the easiest method, but hopefully this might help someone with privesc:

• As previously stated, don’t assume when you see something, double check it is what you think it is
  • Try and figure out what the user has been doing
  • look at every technique you’ve used so far and how that might indicate how to get what you need so you can run the programs you want

Thanks @Nakomi !!!

Got root. Needed the extra push and hints on both forum threads.

I certainly was quick frustrating!!! Headbanging against the wall on the beat of Otis Reddings’ song :wink:

Need a nudge. Passed 2nd login and get the command stuff.
Ran out of ideas on how to progress after spending hours working it from different angles. Not even sure the breadcrumbs left on page is true given the nature of the machine… PM please.

Phew, what a ride. A word to the wise, be careful with things that nuke the box… there’s a stage where you can lock yourself and everyone else if you’re not careful. Overall a good box. All I’m going to say that @trickster0 was cheeky when he created this one. Have fun! PM for hints, however there’s a whole lot I can’t give away as it spoils the fun.

WELL ! This box is giving me headaches :‘( :’(

any one can help with some hints please ?

I found a user l*** and a nice password for him and he is running a service on port ***6 and managed to connect. A bit confused that there are two kind of credentials for the same user. Am I on the good track? where to use the second pair of cred?

rooted … amazing machine learned alot. Root is actually easier to get than user !

can anyone help me get user