misDIRection

@Ismail said:
I think that I nearly got the flag, but I need a little help.
I have a random string and decoded it, it looks like the flag but not at all.
it starts with HZ{blablablabla}
any hints?

I have the same issue. Have you figured it out?

What OS did you do the challenge on?

I have this decoded and it comes out in HTB{} format, however, when I paste into in, it says it’s not correct. Do I need to do anything else on the text inside HTB{}?

Managed to get the flag.
My question is, has someone completed it with a script? Someone mentioned being able to do this with 1 line of code. I am very interested in see how that is done. I am too much of a linux noob to figure it out. PM me if you don’t mind sharing :slight_smile: Thanks!

@caperplips said:
I have this decoded and it comes out in HTB{} format, however, when I paste into in, it says it’s not correct. Do I need to do anything else on the text inside HTB{}?

I did not have this experience. I copy/pasted right out of the decoder and the flag was accepted.

Banging my head in the keyboard no luck :frowning: Need help

Anyone got some tips? I have tried so many different ways of getting a string to decode…directories with numbers, sort them, reverse them, directories without numbers…all different combinations. just tears :frowning:

Any hints? I tried everything that was hinted on the comments above!

my hint: ‘ls -R’

does tree command help?

@deleite said:

Thnx man, solved :slight_smile:

I cannot for the life of me decode the flag correctly. I understand the ls -R hint but honestly used the output of unzip instead. My issue is a certain value gets mangled causing the flag to have unprintable text. Did I miss something? Please PM or answer here if you are willing to help.

i think i got the right string out of the files but i can’t figure out how to decode it. it doesn’t seem to be any valid hash type. could someone please point me in the right direction?

got it, the online decoder i was using just couldn’t decode it, 2 others worked fine.

@DaChef said:
@deleite said:

Some respect maybe? :slight_smile:

@deleite said:

@DaChef said:
@deleite said:

Some respect maybe? :slight_smile:

Sure :wink:

this one is very easy.
pattern is obvious

I extracted files. So we need to keep the file names in the flag or directory names? Do we need sort the names? Thanks

Well just look at the structure… Hint should be there I guess :slight_smile:

Mind blowing challenge just completed it if any one need help feel free to pm.