Poison

@Afolic said:
Please How do I copy the zip file to my local machine?

Find how a file can be copied remotely.

Rooted! I didn’t know I could connect that way :^)

I recommend everyone to review the thread of the forum. Your questions have already been answered before. All hints are here.

Finally got root after wasting far too much time on the zip file

Send me a PM if you need some help.

@GH05TCD said:
Is the grey screen a fault? Or am I not doing something right?

It’s expected depending on how you’re connecting. Fixable, just google a solution (there are other posts in this thread that discuss this in more detail than they should, just fyi)

@squadron68 said:
can someone PM how to root this thing, i don’t have idea how to deal with that ******.zip

As others have said, the information you need is in a man page

HAHA got it boiz! If you need any hints send me a pm maybe I can help.

Hi,
I’ve got a hint, that would really help me - sometimes machine sees a difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1…
I’ve been struggling with this, even though I knew exactly what is wrong with the machine.

I’ve read almost all the comments, i have the secret i think i understand what i should do but still i can’t continue! If someone want to p.m so i can tell him what i’m doing without spoiling will be great!

rooted. this was a pain for me… this was a lot of hours googling… processes and tunneling are the keys. feel free to PM

sorta agree with the guy above, rooted as well, pretty straight forward but if you haven’t done something like this before it could get result in loads of googling, feel free to hmu anytime as well

can someone PM me regarding SSH private key for this box? I think I’m onto something but am missing something as well

My first server :D, two interesting days.
The comments are rights, just enumerate the services and understand how they works, then using the file.
I learned a lot.

hello, desperate newbie here. Two issues:

1. on my first scan, I found two open ports and two filtered ones (one even corresponding to a known and useful service - or at least I thought so). Problem is, I can’t find those two services anymore, they don’t show up in my scan. I tried resetting the box several times, nothing changed. Did I allucinate?

2. I was able to find a username by decoding the password backup. I thought of using it in *** but I can’t figure out the password (I found the pwd file but all the entries are simpy ‘*’). It was stated several times that no bruteforce is needed here, so…What am I missing?

@federella You’ve done the right thing by finding a username… Perhaps you might enumerate a little more and find a password somewhere?

how do you unzip the zip file because i’ve tried “unzip -p passwd zipfile” and it didnt work…

@Andromalius said:
@federella You’ve done the right thing by finding a username… Perhaps you might enumerate a little more and find a password somewhere?

That’s what I thought but I’m stuck. the passwd file was useless and I can’t find the shadow file so…I don’t know what to look for!

EDIT: i feel so stupid! I already had the password lol

I have previously owned the user and submitted the hash. However now I try to login the same way the password no longer works? It kept saying Permission Denied… Did someone change the password or something?? Very puzzled…

@julietta said:
I have previously owned the user and submitted the hash. However now I try to login the same way the password no longer works? It kept saying Permission Denied… Did someone change the password or something?? Very puzzled…

I would double check the password is right. If you’re copy/pasting it rather than typing it… Here’s a hint.

Try echoing it before you use it in the connection. Does it still look right?

For any who have trouble extracting a zip file… If you’re using the command unzip -P “***” you might get an ‘incorrect password’ even if you are right.

Try just using unzip on the file, then enter the password at the prompt.

Hope that isn’t a spoiler, but at least I learned how to use the unzip command the right way.