Hint for Waldo

Hey, can anyone give me hint about priv-esc? Escaped “jail” e.g. i’am at user m**** but then there is some r****.sh and l*m which im not sure what to do with them, probably get a hint that you must be capable but i cannot find right tools on the machine so any hint would be awesome!

waldo scared the cat

Managed to access the n****** folder. Dunno what to do, since there doesn’t seem to be anything useful in that folder.

@AlwaysLivid said:
Managed to access the n****** folder. Dunno what to do, since there doesn’t seem to be anything useful in that folder.

I got the right file, but I can’t use it for some reason. Permission Denied. I’ll be honest, I just haven’t used this authentication method before.

got the m****** user, escaped from the little jail… any hint? D:

@gigi944 said:
got the m****** user, escaped from the little jail… any hint? D:

Look at the app-dev programs and the source code, why is their behaviour different? There’s hints all over this thread

nevermind

Rooted but didn’t used the log******* to root, can someone guide me used log******* to root?

anyone can pm me about priv esc to root, i need a hint… i am hitting my head aganst log******.

@0xlc said:
anyone can pm me about priv esc to root, i need a hint… i am hitting my head aganst log******.

It is a decoy, let it go…

Btw just got root. Really hate this box. It forced me to learn some stuff I have never heard before.
Big thx for @mcruz and @MrWest3r for the help!

@SecThor said:

@0xlc said:

It is a decoy, let it go…

Btw just got root. Really hate this box. It forced me to learn some stuff I have never heard before.
Big thx for @mcruz and @MrWest3r for the help!

i get it, but i don’t find any suid files to execute as root as well

nvm

Any leads on the thing after log*******?

I know that I probably shouldn’t even ask for advice and do the ■■■■ thing already, but I keep seeing nudges all over the thread and some of them are pretty much kinda contradicting each other.

UPDATE: Look it up on Google. Don’t ignore the thing you don’t know how to use, if there’s such a thing.> @AlwaysLivid said:

Any leads on the thing after log*******?

I know that I probably shouldn’t even ask for advice and do the ■■■■ thing already, but I keep seeing nudges all over the thread and some of them are pretty much kinda contradicting each other.

UPDATE: Look it up on Google. Don’t ignore the thing you don’t know about, because this is pretty much the key to the thing you exactly need. Won’t take more than 5 minutes of research if you know exactly what you’re looking for, trust me.

getting user is very straight forward after you understand the process, took me longer than it should have, anyway now root X___X

rooted… positive rating

Took me hours to root this box. Learned something new today.

I think this should be added to some known linux privilege escalation checker.

I learned what i am capable of. Though, need any educational hints. Stuck here.

edit: got root. For priv esc part. You really need to know what you are capable of.
I just reached root flag. Can anyone pm me about how to get root shell ?

Can anyone PM me to give me a nudge on how to escape the jail? I’ve got the user flag already and enumerated the environment I’m in (n****** user), but I’m not seeing a way to escape.