SecNotes

Entry point is similar to a retired machine :wink:

Well let’s say that the method is pretty common and it’s used on other CTFS also, plus there was a previous machine that had the same method as this one guys don’t overthink.

Similar to a retired box you say…
… I wonder if its one I’ve actually done.
Hmmnnn…
?

I was way overthinking this one :lol:

it’s really a basic stuff

blood was claimed on this in an hour perhaps and i was just struggling to let my vpn work for me lol! havent tried after that…

I think I’m overlooking this one a lot. I’ve tried a fair few things, could someone point me in the right direction for the foothold in PM?

Edit * found it.

Edit 2: For everyone PM’ing…

Have a look at ippsecs videos this was done on a previous box. It seems like its a bit of a Nightmare of a box trying to get information out of this…

Can someone give a hint about this one? I’m lost…

Well, ■■■■. I guess this box as taught me something even before I got user: take better notes. >.<

I don’t want to Dos the free server, can someone let me know If I am suppose to brute the password for the user i found?

I’ve got user without brute forcing anything. This box is very unstable though!

Okay, I really wish I had taken better notes on previous machines. If someone could throw a hint my way, I’d appreciate it. I can tell you via PM what I have done so far.

This was a very cool box. Great work @0xdf

Sorry been a while since I have tried a box, can someone msg me the obvious part

I have tried many crossings but they don’t seem to work…

is this machine intentionally unstable and slow? or only on free server?

@w31rd0 said:
is this machine intentionally unstable and slow? or only on free server?

I’m guessing it’s just on free due to people trying to bruteforce the login. Someone said it’s fine on a VIP server.

Can someone PM me regarding initial foothold - I think I know what to do… Just not sure if Im chasing my tail here

Looking for hints on the privesc, anyone willing to help?

This machine works slow even on vip