Olympus

@DarkNight7 said:
Ok, I have a shell to this box, I cracked what could be cracked, but I don’t seem where to go from there. I know that I am on a limited environment, but I’m not sure if I should escape it, abuse it, priv escalate from there and I’m running out of ideas. Any hint?

There is another information on the cap file. browse the packets and you’ll find it. After that you have to make some educated guess to use SOME parts of those 2 informations as login credentials on a service running on the box that you already know!

Rooted, thanks @OscarAkaElvis for great experience!

• The Crete island would reveal its secrets to those who don’t hesitate to look at heading part of the waves that leave the island.
  • After you enter the Olympia you should be looking for a way to go through the Zeus’ flight experience, that was accumulated to some essence lying next to the god’s message.
  • The knowledge gained from such an experience would let you enter the Rodhes. Btw, you heard this song? Don’t know about you guys, but I do love it.
  • Opening the portal to Hades requires some ancient magic technique so… Wait, I think there’s someone at my door, I’m gonna have a look…
  • Now, where was I? Right, the Olympus. The Olympus would yield to those who don’t hide their love to whales. Beautiful creatures, aren’t they? :wink:

Hope not too much a spoiler xD

@snovvcrash said:

• The knowledge gained from such an experience would let you enter the Rodhes. Btw, you heard this song? Don’t know about you guys, but I do love it.

If you really loved it, I think you might like this one as well!

I love whales but I don’t know them so well … do I need to study really everything on them ?

@mboh said:
I love whales but I don’t know them so well … do I need to study really everything on them ?

you are just one Google search away from so many amazing writeups with similar privesc/CTF situation.

yeah, sorry, found the right whale. :slight_smile:

Got user.txt - Most enjoyable box I’ve done yet…

@pzylence said:
I’m somehow not sure why I am not able to get a shell using the msf/py exploits available. Reached out to many of them, checked in wireshark as well. Everything seems fine, but somehow, something gets fucked up and I get an RST from 10.10.10.83, which is very weird.

same here the Reason is because of ping latency issue. that the only thing that i can comeup with so my be am i open AWS instance in Europe and see if i can try again. only think i can think of lol.

@mochan said:

dude nice link man thank you! you got some nice staff on your dropBOX OSCP ill be doing in 4 month… just going for AWS Cert next 1 so been busy with that.

ill PM regarding about OSCP ether ways excellent file thanks for sharing

@laylow said:

@mochan said:

dude nice link man thank you! you got some nice staff on your dropBOX OSCP ill be doing in 4 month… just going for AWS Cert next 1 so been busy with that.

Thanks man - I usually add new resources everyday! - Enjoy :slight_smile:

Can someone drop me a hint for priv esc? The whale hint means nothing to me and I’ve been enumerating for hours!

what about docks ?

Rooted!! - Special mention to @raulcpop for the pointer! If anyone needs help my PM’s are open.

Hints :-

Crete - Do not overthink… Play around with burp & google :wink:
Olympia - Also do not overthink - Once you find the file you have everything you need to progress…
Rhodes - Enumerate enumerate… If you run into issues it will be because nameservers… editing /etc/resolv.conf on your local box will help you
Priv Esc to Root - Do some Googling on what’s on the box! You will get there eventually.

got root!
Overall a good machine. Pretty forward hacking/ctf.
The only thing I really struggled was waiting for the cracking and the educated guessing in Olympia…
if someone needs help - PM me

@laylow said:
@mochan said:

Can i have the dropbox link of oscp
I will pass my oscp exam soon and any advice to pass the exam is wonderfull

hi
im sill stck on road to hades
how can i open temporal portal to Hades anybody pm me

@mochan thanks for sharing your resources in dropbox. Im currently doing OSCP training now.

Just rooted this box and it was my favourite on HTB so far, great job @OscarAkaElvis

The part where you need to do a bit of guessing threw me a bit

2 days and still in the first steps. could any one give me a hint, if any one else here trying still trying we can do it together,

i get to 2 accessible files from the gob***** that the all thing that i find, … still thinking and searching ,