misDIRection

@cafofo said:
I think I’ve got the flag but it’s not accepting it. I’m missing something. Can any one PM me?

Can anyone please PM me?

need help if you want to provide, I don’t get it.
Hack The Box

Wow, lesson learned…keep it simple. Got there in the end!!!

@moony8272 said:
Wow, lesson learned…keep it simple. Got there in the end!!!

Can you PM me, please?

@Ismail said:
I think that I nearly got the flag, but I need a little help.
I have a random string and decoded it, it looks like the flag but not at all.
it starts with HZ{blablablabla}
any hints?

I have the same issue. Have you figured it out?

What OS did you do the challenge on?

I have this decoded and it comes out in HTB{} format, however, when I paste into in, it says it’s not correct. Do I need to do anything else on the text inside HTB{}?

Managed to get the flag.
My question is, has someone completed it with a script? Someone mentioned being able to do this with 1 line of code. I am very interested in see how that is done. I am too much of a linux noob to figure it out. PM me if you don’t mind sharing :slight_smile: Thanks!

@caperplips said:
I have this decoded and it comes out in HTB{} format, however, when I paste into in, it says it’s not correct. Do I need to do anything else on the text inside HTB{}?

I did not have this experience. I copy/pasted right out of the decoder and the flag was accepted.

Banging my head in the keyboard no luck :frowning: Need help

Anyone got some tips? I have tried so many different ways of getting a string to decode…directories with numbers, sort them, reverse them, directories without numbers…all different combinations. just tears :frowning:

Any hints? I tried everything that was hinted on the comments above!

my hint: ‘ls -R’

does tree command help?

@deleite said:

Thnx man, solved :slight_smile:

I cannot for the life of me decode the flag correctly. I understand the ls -R hint but honestly used the output of unzip instead. My issue is a certain value gets mangled causing the flag to have unprintable text. Did I miss something? Please PM or answer here if you are willing to help.

i think i got the right string out of the files but i can’t figure out how to decode it. it doesn’t seem to be any valid hash type. could someone please point me in the right direction?

got it, the online decoder i was using just couldn’t decode it, 2 others worked fine.

@DaChef said:
@deleite said:

Some respect maybe? :slight_smile:

@deleite said:

@DaChef said:
@deleite said:

Some respect maybe? :slight_smile:

Sure :wink: