Active any hints

@kamee said:
Hello,

I still didn’t get the initial foot in. I enumerated the server and found many services.
I can read that first step is getting something from the S** service. I used many diferent tools such as e4x and sct or nlx, but they all return null results. I can’t enumerate anything further on this service.

Did you guys manage to enumerate it with tools normally?

Thank you and regards :slight_smile:

Thats right you need to get something from the S** service, but use an another tool.

@xplo8 said:

@xplo8 said:
Can anyone confirm that they are able to get the share access still. Need to understand if it’s just me. Using certain null tool with -all and ip, still nothing. Ping working, nmap detecting open ports. Anyone willing to PM help me?

Hey everyone, in case you run into this it’s handy to specify protocol version if stuck. I was using the right commands fro hours and finally had it work

Thanks, i got into the same problem for hours, I just needed to specify SMB2

@sckull said:
I have the pass GPP but not found the user.
i need help xd

sure you didn’t find it? ^^

I got user.txt but I’m a little stuck on root, any suggestions?

@mez0 said:
I got user.txt but I’m a little stuck on root, any suggestions?

you need to enumerate. the forum page has tons of hints…

Anyone elses sc*** not working?

Rooted! PM for hints!

There are more than enough hints in this thread to help you along. It is real world which I enjoyed. Life aint a CTF

w00t, got user. I had to spend the first session researching the technology, since I knew basically nothing about it. There are PLENTY of great online resources, including an interesting fellow whom dedicates himself to the relevant technology :slight_smile:

I got user too, but facing probs now to get root. I’ve tried several ways, I’m using some tools named in this thread. Can’t figure it out at the moment. Maybe I’m thinking to hard? Someone that wants to help? :slight_smile:

Just leaving a shoutout to my buddy Tim for not roasting me too hard when I struggled with root.

Got it rooted. Thanks to @crunch for the headup!

been stuck to get initial foot hold for a few days … got username and password from x** file, tried with psexec, winexe but didnt work :frowning: Any hint?

Does it take long to crack with hashcat?

Scratch that…I used something else and it cracked in under 5 seconds.

Got root! Second Windows box I’ve done…very cool.

@sheepkiller said:
Hello everyone, if you are having issues with the typical tools mentioned in this forum to connect to the service, it’s probably a misconfiguration with your Kali smb.conf file. Here is what I did to fix it:

nano /etc/samba/smb.conf

// In the file, I added the following in the [global] section
client min protocol = SMB2
client max protocol = SMB3

sudo service smbd restart

Thank you for this, I wasn’t getting anything until I saw this.

@Moliata said:
I spent hours and my brain is washed. I was just trying my first box. Is it related to SMB? Thanks.

yeah but ill say for first box start jerry! i think is one of the easiest box here i started with nibble but asoon as i was able to get some where it got retired

@ssh3ll said:

@sckull said:
I have the pass GPP but not found the user.
i need help xd

sure you didn’t find it? ^^

I found the userName but not work :d

I have the User. I am stuck with root. Please PM me with hints.

Enumerate those PIRNCIPAL things.