Hint for Waldo

I have user.txt, i need some help to have root.

@sckull said:
I have user.txt, i need some help to have root.

me too :confused:

finally got user. until now this box was far away from not being a nightmare :slight_smile:
thx to those guys who helped me out on finishing step 1.

Has anybody managed to get a root shell on this box or is is it indeed possible? thanks

Great machine user Easy but root easy too but i never use al***** linux it made my brain all over the place

thanks for the good machine all the people who supported me :stuck_out_tongue: you all know who you are…

\o/ I got root.
Great machine!
PM if you need help

can some one pm me for assistance in key formatting, feel like ive tried everything!

Got root.
Nice to learn some new (old) functionality about Linux. But the way to get to the root flag is to simple, especially compared to the effort for getting the user flag.

I’m not very good with priv esc, would someone PM me a hint? Hopefully an educational hint, thanks :slight_smile:

The traversal hint was great, gotta think about the functions…now stuck on the ‘capabilities’ of a certain program…no idea where/how to use it…

Same here. I did search on the topic but still didn’t managed to get root.txt

Rooted…

The box is quite unconvention.

Shoutout to my bros who helped me in the box @crysthoffer @Sp4rtan, couldn’t have done it without you guys.

PM or telegram me (on the same username) for help.

HI,

I found the key for the user M******. But I’m unable to login with this key, I get the error → permission denied. Is this a rabbit hole or I’m doing a mistake?

Thank you

Did it. I’m so stupid :slight_smile:

Any pointers on escaping?

Hey, I got ssh but I’m stuck at privesc, can someone point me the right direction or is available to talk about the machine?

Already escaped, found the file but I’m stuck.

Thanks,

Rooted, great box! PM for help :slight_smile:

Jeez, nuts, Got em! Shout out to Strawman: Great box,learned something new! And a shout to #m3ssI69 for the great hint. Feel free to pm me for hints, passing the goodwill.

rooted, learned something new, though it wasn`t obvious from the machine alone, or at least that’s what I feel.

Got user pretty easily. Trying for root, logged in as m****** and have been playing around with what’s available but absolutely - can anyone PM with some pointers as to what to focus on?

EDIT: Rooted. Thanks mcruz and ZaphodBB

Rooted PM for any hints.