HTB asking for full path info to user machine when uploading Avatar?

Hi there,

Why would they want to track and log this information when users want to upload a simple image … i could imagine why but ■■■■!

I always get this C:/fakepath notice when trying to upload a avatar on the community website. Is it fine to grant acces or … is there a nother special way to have your avatar to upload correctly?

Not sure if a joke or serious

@f1b0nacc1 said:
Not sure if a joke or serious

Same :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a joke… Its a feature built inside Chrome, i guess all you guys use Firefox and i should too :stuck_out_tongue: my bad!

Actually I also use chrome, I noticed the fakepath, but my assumption was that HTB just decided to make the string contain fakepath C:\fakepath\<nameofimage.jpg>

Is there a difference when trying to upload in firefox?

@VanGodloose
So if this is not a joke than what is it? (rhetorical question)

Why would they want to track and log this information when users want to upload a simple image … i could imagine why but ■■■■!

Not a joke… Its a feature built inside Chrome, i guess all you guys use Firefox

Not really, maybe we already knew what fakepath is or how google works xD

Well i am here to learn that as well, and to learn in general just like you, so you dont have to be a ■■■■ about it and go on learning just like me :wink: @d4rk3r

@f1b0nacc1 bro, to be honnest, i have no idea. I just searched it up and every awnser to the fakepath question i come across is that the website that you are uploading to wants to know the layout of your harddisk and usually logs this information… and chrome prevents this. So eather the information i come accros is incorrect or somebody could be nice and just explain this fakepath stuff to me wich i would realy appreciate btw.

I think that it’s all about kind a joke @VanGodloose