Hint for Waldo

Can someone PM with with priv escalation? already logged in as m******

Looking for help with priv esc. I have mo***** but cannot escape limited shell.

Finally got root. Happy to help those who stuck to on priv esc.

WOOOW ■■■ root was achieved…
Learned a really cool new thing to check for during priv escalation. Also cool to know that this exists in linux.

PM if you need help guys Shout out to AcEb0mb3R for helping me get root!!!

HIi guyzz… i have the key, IK its the key which has to be used,
I am not able to remove the bad chars from it.
I tried curl command, tried removing manually, doesnt seem to be working.
:frowning:

got it :frowning: wasted a lot of time on this key

Hiya folks. Kinda stuck as the m*. i have escaped the shell and looking for clues.found some, but still stuck on what to do. Can someone pm me with a hint? Thanks!

Finally got root.txt - What a journey! Certainly a unique HTB…

Had great fun nonetheless - If anyone is incapable :wink: of priv esc or user drop me a quick message.

@r0pSteev said:
hava a look at this website How to Bypassing Filter to Traversal Attacks ? | Hacking & Tricks

Hack The Box

Very thank you.

Got root.
Really interesting box, if you know and use this function of linux before, it would be really easy to solve it, but if not - you need spend some time to study.

Quick question - Were people about to get logged in / root shell? Or only able to view root.txt ?

@MarcosSGomes said:

@r0pSteev said:
hava a look at this website How to Bypassing Filter to Traversal Attacks ? | Hacking & Tricks

Hack The Box

Very thank you.

You’re welcome

Wow got root, got to say I will be updating my scan programs, so major kudos @strawman for the box, and thanks to @Fl337 & @Mcruz for the assists.

Rooted + Pro Hacker! This box was all types of mindbuggery. Definitely have somethings to research. Still confused on “why” my escape worked, if anyone has any good resources would appreciate it! If anyone needs some nudges feel free to PM me with what you’ve tried so far.

Finally…Root! Haven’t got root shell, but root.txt is what I needed.

soooo… got in, escaped… and still stuck on getting root, could I get a link or hint that may set me on the right path? thanks!

Ok got root… ? My tip is to read through this thread for root… Once you escape find out how to Spoiler Removed - Arrexel of a particular prog that may give out information then check to see what else might have those same capabilities… There’s easy way to check every file in a directory or sub directory you probably use every time you want to maybe see every file in a path or every file with a certain extension… Hopefully not too much of a spoiler

@mochan said:
Quick question - Were people about to get logged in / root shell? Or only able to view root.txt ?

I did it for getting access to root.txt, but also read that people get root shell.

Finally got root!

This is something I have definitely learned a lot from and will check in the future.

As a wise man once said ::rootdance::

Got root yesterday, Its a very nice box.