Hint for Waldo

@r0pSteev said:
hava a look at this website How to Bypassing Filter to Traversal Attacks ? | Hacking & Tricks

Hack The Box

Thankyou - I finally got what i presumed was the answer to work, although for some reason it wouldnt work the last few nights.

That link is a very usefull refrence

Feel as if something is staring me in the eye and im completely missing it…

I only can read html, localhost, can’t list more.
I need some help. :d

id like to know what exactly the php code is doing behind the scenes. I don’t know what to research in google if I don’t know the name of the function…etc

edit: i figured out how to read the source code of those files. thanks finrir!

If anyone need hints, pm me.

Iv’e never dealt with docker containers… anybody got some good reference material on this I could read?

Wasting far too much time on this one

Need a decent solid hint on how to read the file under /etc/

Used a certain file + burp to forceably traverse / READ folders so i can now see where i need to be but no amount of changing variables etc seems to work.(and examples from hours of googling dont seem to work either)

@ZaphodBB said:
Wasting far too much time on this one

Need a decent solid hint on how to read the file under /etc/

Used a certain file + burp to forceably traverse / READ folders so i can now see where i need to be but no amount of changing variables etc seems to work.(and examples from hours of googling dont seem to work either)

have you got a shell yet? or are you talking about priv esc?

Just getting initial foothold - unless Im completly mistaken and I’m barking up the wrong tree, it seems to me like the detaisl for initial users are gained by directory traversal - php explitation.

how can version 0.1 read root’s file while not even suid any keyword to research on please?

Hack The Box

Finally got user.txt … What a pain i was trying the right thing the whole time besides one character…

what the heck is .restrictSXXXXX.sh? im in unfamiliar territory

Rooted, special thanks to loln00b for the hint was really helpful thanks mate.

Got root, many thanks to mcruz for you hints.

@flipflop139874 said:
Got root, many thanks to mcruz for you hints.

You are welcome.

Now after I rooted it - I realize that this was / would have been the best hint :wink:

@xontrompalas said:
Hint for root: There is a specific file that expresses a very weird behavior. Only capable and potent hackers can find out why.

But I haven’t got the message before reading and learning a lot about what I obviously did not know about Linux!

I’m stuck at the directory traversal. I know the search and replace pattern, but can’t break outside varwww… pm me hints please before I pull all my hair. If someone can only pm me the syntax to get to var, I’ll figure out the rest!

@berthaz said:
I’m stuck at the directory traversal. I know the search and replace pattern, but can’t break outside varwww… pm me hints please before I pull all my hair. If someone can only pm me the syntax to get to var, I’ll figure out the rest!

Check your messages for a hint - after much hair pulling I’ve sussed it

I got root with a hint now, but no idea how this works. Anybody who can share me a link via PM for an explanation or better who can have a short chat about that?

Thanks in advance!

Can someone PM me with ahint for root???