Active any hints

stuck on how to get root anybody can give me a hint how to use impacket…

I see there is a file share but I can only get into replication is this a rabbit hole or is this something to actually look at?

I need help I could decrypt the password but I cant use it anywhere…PM

UPDATE: user flag got it!!

I managed to connect to replication, but my connection gets really slow after I enter a couple commands. Anyone know why?

Wow, this machine is driving me nuts. I’m still unable to understand fully how to get root. Learning a ton, though.

UPDATE: Rooted. Fantastic and invaluable learning experience. All hints provided here are sufficient once you understand the process. Thank you @eks and @mrb3n!

@sheepkiller Thanks so much for your post regarding smb.conf. Now can finally start this machine!

Finally rooted this box, it was a great journey and i learnt a lot from this box.
Hint: keep it simple and explore all the tools kali has to enumerate and penetrate A**** D*******.

Meant to come back and say I finally got root on Monday! The hints here were subtle but after doing research on k****** I finally picked up on them. For the first time, I find myself doing even more research AFTER getting root, because I didn’t fully understand the importance of what I did. I will say this to people who are still stuck: YouTube is a surprisingly good source of information. There are lots of recorded talks and speeches from various security conferences that present information in a very easy to understand way. Sure beats the ■■■■ out of reading dry technical write-ups from Microsoft.

I’m available for PM if anyone wants little nudges.

Rooted. My suggestions:

• go deep in smb enumeration (there’s a world)
  • impacket + k*******
  • h*****t

PM for hints

SMB enumeration and knowing the principals i’ts the key in this box.

Rooted. Great box. Learned a lot in the process. Pushed me to research into a topic I wasn’t experienced with.

Learned heaps from this one. Both txts can be obtained without shells, required a bit of fiddling with existing tools and installing missing dependencies, but used some new tools I haven’t used before. PM if you need hints.

@meni0n said:
I don’t understand why my enum is not working. I talked to another person and their s**client was working fine but I keep getting connection reset all the time…

Try Linux file manager

Finally rooted. Learned a lot from this. Great box!

Finally Rooted! Good machine with some new tools and new concepts to grasps

Any one care to PM me on priv esc. Really only looking for a Google query. I know what service to exploit via the user name and I know what I’m trying to get so I can decrypt and get a password but my Google Foo has been weak the past couple of day. Any help would be appreciated. Respect will be given.

Just got priv esc! Amazing box, Please HackTheBox keep these realistic environment boxes coming :slight_smile:

If anyone needs any help drop me a pm.

@mitm3r said:

@meni0n said:
I don’t understand why my enum is not working. I talked to another person and their s**client was working fine but I keep getting connection reset all the time…

Try Linux file manager

Thanks… I rooted the box. The issue was with Kali linux… for some reason the s**client from 2017.2 wouldn’t work with this box… I had to use a 2018 version

Can someone drop me a hint please? I got user, but got stuck with root, I think I’ll need to use impacket but not sure how. Thanks

everyone mentioned in impacket
but i can use Metasploit instead of impacket :slight_smile: