Poison

Is secret important on the connection, how do i use it if its important, please pm hints

@gregX01 said:
Is secret important on the connection, how do i use it if its important, please pm hints

It is, you need that file. Here’s your hint: examine all the running processes owned by root, look for the ones that you can “hook on to” in order to become root. Read the man pages to all the processes that can give you this opportunity, and you’ll understand what that file is for.

Hello everyone, this is my first post.
I’ve already been able to access the box, extract the .zip file. But I do not know how to become root = (
I listed the services that are running but with no ideas how to explore

Rooted!!! That was a good challenge. If you need help, let me know

@wyliebsd said:
Could anyone PM me to possibly help? I have “connected another way” after owning the user, but only get a blank screen and no way to really interact… i think i’m close but if someone would be willing to PM me for a hint it would be really appreciated. Still trying to learn :slight_smile:

Think about a tunnel

Rooted finally…Thx all for the help and hints!!! It is a nice machine!!!

well i think i’m stuck with the syntax of the last commande ! can any one giv me a little help ?

@40R40L said:
well i think i’m stuck with the syntax of the last commande ! can any one giv me a little help ?

think practically and make sure you fully understand what the information is telling you

Alright. I have User access, got the secret.zip, unzipped it. I found the service, access it, working. All I need is to decode the content of secret.zip. I know I’m really close, but can someone PM me with what algo this file has been encoded with?? I’m pretty sure I got it, but keep getting authentication failed…

@berthaz said:
Alright. I have User access, got the secret.zip, unzipped it. I found the service, access it, working. All I need is to decode the content of secret.zip. I know I’m really close, but can someone PM me with what algo this file has been encoded with?? I’m pretty sure I got it, but keep getting authentication failed…

Don’t have to decode it, just think a way to use the unzipped file.

i finally got it , but there was somthing bizzar , some time the commande work , sometimes i got " unable to connect to socket: connection refused (111) and the message " packet_write_wait : connetion to x on port y : Broken pipe ! is there a spicific time to establish the connexions ?

Feel free to pm me for educational privesc hints :slight_smile:

Please stop resetting continually .

finally i managed to root to have root.txt.free free pm me if someone need to have a hint.

Really nice machine. It took me 2 hours to get root but I found it very fun and interesting though.

My tip for this machine: There’s no need for any exploit. Only enumeration and not getting stuck on any procedure. If you spend more than 3 minutes trying something here, it may be the wrong way.

poison box is rather easy to pwn.if someone having struggle to have root access.free free to PM me.hopefully I can provide a hint to pwn.

Rooted if some one need any hints PM me.

Ok, I don’t want any spoilers, but I’m running kali on a VM. Does that in any way restrict me in getting user ? Cause I know the attack vector. There’s several tutorials online that I have followed to the dot. For some reason, I’m not getting a meterpreter session back although I’m able to execute commands. every tutorial online has the same steps. Additionally I tried running the exploit on a host that uses Kali and it didn’t work too. Is my system firewall kicking in by any chance ?? Though I have a listener running.

@persist said:
Ok, I don’t want any spoilers, but I’m running kali on a VM. Does that in any way restrict me in getting user ? Cause I know the attack vector. There’s several tutorials online that I have followed to the dot. For some reason, I’m not getting a meterpreter session back although I’m able to execute commands. every tutorial online has the same steps. Additionally I tried running the exploit on a host that uses Kali and it didn’t work too. Is my system firewall kicking in by any chance ?? Though I have a listener running.

Its fine to use Kali on a VM. It does not prohibit you from owning user and root. However I’d say you are severely limiting your options by relying on metasploit. Not all kind of vulnerabilities are exploited using metasploit. I owned user and root in Poison without metasploit, so Im not sure how you can with it. If you wanna chat about it, do DM me. :wink:

Happy to help with this one! PM me for a nudge as I will pass it forward!