Active any hints

Got user ! - now on to root

Feel free to PM for user hint

@pkneca said:
I get “Line-length exception” error from hashcat. I know which mode I need to use, and I am using hashcat on my ubuntu laptop, no vm. Did anyone else experienced this?

Because you did the wrong mode.

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=example_hashes

Try see which one fits >__^

finally, I got the user & root flag… if you need some help, PM me.

Rooted. This box was an awesome learning experience for me.

Someone can help on priv esc ? i feel im almost their…

got it!
thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it .
if anybody need help just PM me

I got the hash from the xml, using g**-d*****t but I want to learn the hashcat way, can anyone message me who knows the hashcat line and I’ll message you the password just to prove I got it, thanks!

Got It !!! Finally thanks for the help! Thanks to wilsonnkwan, UrielYochpaz, Ozunu, Rekamie, Grepthis, Bear, Gr00tIsR00t, Cli3nt If anyone needs help PM me.

Also got root, the Spoiler Removed - Arrexel part was kinda confusing, but managed to get it in the end.

PM for subtle educational hints

Hello everyone, if you are having issues with the typical tools mentioned in this forum to connect to the service, it’s probably a misconfiguration with your Kali smb.conf file. Here is what I did to fix it:

nano /etc/samba/smb.conf

// In the file, I added the following in the [global] section
client min protocol = SMB2
client max protocol = SMB3

sudo service smbd restart

This was a fun box and extremely realistic. Feel free to reach out if you need help

I belive I know what has to be done for priv esc - read through the forum, downloaded and installed various tools listed in previous posts and I have the necessary information

I presume from what I’ve read - John or Hashcat has to be used ? (if so I hate bruteforce )
Dont fancy cooking my laptop as its stupidly hot in the uk at the moment - Am I on the right path or not ?

Impacket 0.9.15 didn’t work properly. After updating to newest version 0.9.17 it terminates even worse with >> ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘Present’ << Anyone have an idea how to get over this point or can recommend alternative tools? PM? Thx.

Horribly lost here. I’m stuck on priv esc, tried everything I could find here and on google. Been at this for hours, brain is fried. Can someone give me a nudge in PM please? That way I have fresh ideas to try tomorrow after work…

Is there anyone I could talk to about tips for this box? I feel like I am on the right track… but my research has lead me into what seems like a dead end…

Rooted, one of the most realistic boxes here on HTB well done @eks and @mrb3n

Rooted !

Very realisitc box.

User was fairly easy - Root was quite a bit more complex but all the tools you require / hints are in this thread

@JunGLeJuiCe said:
I don’t want to give spoilers, but hopefully a nudge for anyone looking for Priv Esc. Went down the same route as most but saw the announcement about the patch for that vulnerability being deployed. Went back to basics, in the end, all I needed was on the Kali distro already, there are good examples. It’s all about Getting to the Principal of the matter

This hint, I finally get it. Stuck at work with no access to the labs but I’m itching to go try my new idea!

stuck on how to get root anybody can give me a hint how to use impacket…

I see there is a file share but I can only get into replication is this a rabbit hole or is this something to actually look at?