Hawk

@zeus12 said:
Someone can give any hints on decrypt file please. I wrote my script with python but file
accept different passwords. Please help :anguished:

If you read this thread there are more than enough of tips for that.

@dazizar said:

@Djinn45SQL99 said:
… i am battling the very gates of ■■■■ with this decryption… will no one raise their hand in battle with me? im losing so hard

@Djinn45SQL99 said:
6 days trying to decrypt the .enc file… 6 DAYS!

I’m not quite at the 6 day mark…yet… But i am also losing the battle with the .enc file… PM me if you have any hints or get anywhere.

we are in this together, brother. These other lone-wolf hackers that offer nothing but scoffs to our attempts to learn will not discourage us

@Djinn45SQL99 when params are correct it’s very quick, that’s the hint. Search the extension of the file, that will give you the first step as a lot of tutorials how to work with them, then it’s a matter of automating it to run your creds list.

@Djinn45SQL99 said:
we are in this together, brother. These other lone-wolf hackers that offer nothing but scoffs to our attempts to learn will not discourage us

wow wow, I am not like this :frowning:

I believe that everyone should try some things out of his confront zone and it may take some time to find the right answer.

But at the same time I try to help as much I can, and I am giving tips, that I believe, are good, but that’s my opinion.

@Akumu said:

@Djinn45SQL99 said:

wow wow, I am not like this :frowning:

I believe that everyone should try some things out of his confront zone and it may take some time to find the right answer.

But at the same time I try to help as much I can, and I am giving tips, that I believe, are good, but that’s my opinion.

i was halfway joking man. youve been a great help to me on this box and others as well.
respect +1

Who keeps resetting the password for D*****?

What are the best methods to find out which cipher was used on encrypting a .e*c file?

@Mumbles said:
What are the best methods to find out which cipher was used on encrypting a .e*c file?

Research how it was encrypt in the first place and work backwards

I got the enc file output, but I cannot find any user names on any services, I have tried dozens of exploits from googling… any nudge towards where to look for a initial username would be helpful.

@generic8419 said:
I got the enc file output, but I cannot find any user names on any services, I have tried dozens of exploits from googling… any nudge towards where to look for a initial username would be helpful.

In the enc file output? Or try some common usernames.

@Akumu said:
If you read this thread there are more than enough of tips for that.

Yes i read every post but i couldnt anything to help

through much struggle I have defeated the encryption… it nearly killed me. Come unto me all ye who wander in the bowels of the 9th layer of encryption ■■■■

Anybody who can PM me about the switch to d*****? I’m looking through config after config and somehow missing it.

@impetuousdanny said:
Who keeps resetting the password for D*****?

Same here, my friend, I decode the enc file, but maybe someone rest the password of D*****. And I tried to reset the box, but it was cancelled by another dude…

two days to find that stupid enc file. rookie mistake.

@sp1icer said:
Anybody who can PM me about the switch to d*****? I’m looking through config after config and somehow missing it.

Actually, the file u need to acces user d***** is not called “config”)

Hi, i got the enc encrypted file, any hints on how to decrypted i’ve tried many things but can’t get it done.

Rooted.

A few things:

1. I found 2 ways to get user.txt. One with shell, one without.
  2. Once you are in, I believe there are 2 ways to get the root.txt, one employs the method we used in poison, the other, did not, I used the one used in poison.

I want to exchange notes with the ones who has rooted with the method we used in Poison.

If you don’t know what to do next… Searchsploit
Searchsploit is very very very useful.

this box has been tough man… ive got a steep learning curve on wet service. got a hit from a shell but it closes immediately. hmmm

Just rooted Hawk without dl or his password. Don’t waste time searching for it…
It’s possible to go from w
**a to root in one step.