Operating system.

OS X with Kali in a VM. Been considering getting a laptop with dedicated kali linux.

Depending where I am and what im doing I can switch between, Windows 7 and 10, Centos 7, Kali, Debian and Android. Kali is my ‘main’ OS, but it has been customised with a graphics module a custom DE and a number of day to day use packages.

I have 3 physical machines that make up my small “lab” … My main machine is a Windows 7 Ultimate box that has VMs with Parrot and FreeBSD just for goofing with. I have another machine that just runs Kali that has a monitor just above my main machine and I sometimes ssh into that machine when needed. Then I have a 3rd older machine that currently runs a copy of Windows Server 2008. But that changes based on what I’m currently working on.

Linux: Debian testing, Kali
macOS

kali 2017.2

Kali!

parrot OS in VM, Kali on my laptop, and Minix 1.1 on my 8086 computer.

Windows 10 for gaming/general desktop use on main PC. Kali for pentesting in VM. Debian for general desktop use on my laptop.

@peek said:

I had Minix running on an Amiga back in the day. I recently did a video on Minix.

@edgarfriendly said:

@peek said:

I had Minix running on an Amiga back in the day. I recently did a video on Minix.

show me that, pm me the link

@peek said:

@edgarfriendly said:

@peek said:

show me that, pm me the link

Will send it on in a PM :slight_smile:

@edgarfriendly said:

@peek said:

I’m also interested, pm me :slight_smile:

@r7f5 said:

@edgarfriendly said:

@peek said:

Sure :slight_smile:

@edgarfriendly said:

@r7f5 said:

@edgarfriendly said:

@peek said:

Can I also get the link? Thanks. :slight_smile:

@likwidsec said:

@edgarfriendly said:

@r7f5 said:

@edgarfriendly said:

@peek said:

Of course =)

@edgarfriendly said:

@likwidsec said:

Of course =)

Thank you for your contribution. <3

@likwidsec said:

@edgarfriendly said:

@likwidsec said:

Of course =)

Thank you for your contribution. <3

Most welcome =)

i have 2 laptops. 1 with dual boot Kali Linux and Windows 10 and another laptop with windows 10.

I think there are certain machines on HTB that more ore less requires a Windows box to test your scripts (or at least it makes your life easier). In particular if you creates more advanced PS scripts, when it comes to hacking SQL server a Windows box is also preferable due to the number of tools available on Windows (the latest version runs on Ubuntu but the management tools doesn’t). And then we have the Active Directory… So I can not understand how a few people in this thread manage without a Windows box.

With that said, I am running a Mac as my ”host” because the build quality of the hardware is superior. I rarely work on OSX though, I have about 5-6 VM’s running with Kali, Ubuntu, Windows. I also have a separate box to crack hashes with dual GPU-cards.

I guess there’s a distinction between “What os do you use?” and “What’s in your lab?”. I have an active MSDN subscription, so I have a number of VMs for windows, and various linux distros, that are ready to spin up, but I don’t feel I’d ever say they are an os that I use. Many of those VMs see less than a hand full of hours of run time per year.