New Walkthrough Video Pitch

Fellow HTBers,

I wanted to throw out an Idea for a new type of walk through video for Retired Boxes. It is something I am already doing but not recording and I THINK it’s something that would make interesting videos. So depending on everyone’s feedback I will post a pilot video here.

So here is the premise:
It would be comprised of 2 parts, the normal hacking/CTF Red Team portion in a speed run style and at the end of this I will exfil some “booty” which will actually just be all of the local log files. (This will only work on boxes that are logging so I will not be doing every box since some don’t log)
I will Link and Ref other walkthroughs for more verbose explanation if needed.

The 2nd part will be more of a response/investigation sort of Blue Team walk through using all of the logs that were ex filled. Ill most likely be using ■■■■■ enterprise via their Docker image since it’s easy to set up and will allow people to do it themselves if they care to, without too much work.

The other option is to just dig through the raw logs, but who doesn’t like building timecharts…

Basically when done with the 2nd Part it should be perfectly clear by the logs alone how I compromised the box, the steps I took, and how long it took me.

I will hopefully have a full pilot video done for Aragog soon and once I do I will edit this post and add in the link to the video.

Let me know your thoughts.
Oh and I still have not thought of a name for the videos…

Thanks, and Happy Hacking

tl/dr, need less than 256 char for my attention span

@tvearl said:

Wuld U lik ful Red/Blue Tut Vids 4 Retird Boxs

@Rantrel said:

@tvearl said:

Wuld U lik ful Red/Blue Tut Vids 4 Retird Boxs

yeet pls

yes Sure :slight_smile:

Oh man that was rough… I don’t really make videos, gonna take some time to clean this up haha

Hey so after loads of time… haha I ended up making a prequel video to set up the whole environment first.
I want feedback on it from anyone who is interested in doing this kind of practice.
I do not make Videos very often so I’m still getting the hang of editing.

I will do a Hack and Track on a HTB box soon, Was going to do Aragog but waited too long and its no longer a retired box I can play with anymore to make the logs live.

I will most likely have one ready for Dab when it retires.

that’s great