misDIRection

Stuck as well, I was able to get some codes based on files and directories but I don’t know which one to exploit and how :confused:

@von said:
Stuck as well, I was able to get some codes based on files and directories but I don’t know which one to exploit and how :confused:

Don’t over think this. Look at what you’ve found, and think about how the parts of what you have found correspond.

I read there we nead files from 1 to 37, i only found 36 files, and order it in one code line, but at the moment on decode it i got an error my flags shows like HZ{… instead of HTB{… . the sha256 of the zip file i’ts ok, so i guess i’m doing something wrong.

@KikArch said:
I read there we nead files from 1 to 37, i only found 36 files, and order it in one code line, but at the moment on decode it i got an error my flags shows like HZ{… instead of HTB{… . the sha256 of the zip file i’ts ok, so i guess i’m doing something wrong.

I missed some things too when I first tried to copy-pasta the results and reorder them. If you can, look into doing as much sorting and ordering as possible in the command line. The more you hand jam things the greater chance you skip or drop something.

Good challenge. I tried so many things with this and in the end I went back to basics and found it.

I think that I nearly got the flag, but I need a little help.
I have a random string and decoded it, it looks like the flag but not at all.
it starts with HZ{blablablabla}
any hints?

@ShingoTamai said:
The first approach that came to my mind was also the right one.

But I banged my head on the wall for a couple of hours because I was lazily using Windows.

It is important to have both upper case and lower case subdirectories present in the filesystem to be able to come up with the solution.

When I have opened the zip file under Windows, I was seeing something like the following.

E.g.:

U:

When I decompressed the zip under Linux, things looked different.

E.g.:
u:

U:

As you can see, the files are organised in a different way. I hope this helps.

Lol, this hint helped me alot. Thanks!

@ShingoTamai said:
The first approach that came to my mind was also the right one.

But I banged my head on the wall for a couple of hours because I was lazily using Windows.

It is important to have both upper case and lower case subdirectories present in the filesystem to be able to come up with the solution.

When I have opened the zip file under Windows, I was seeing something like the following.

E.g.:

U:

When I decompressed the zip under Linux, things looked different.

E.g.:
u:

U:

As you can see, the files are organised in a different way. I hope this helps.

This is one good hint. Thanks

I think I’ve got the flag but it’s not accepting it. I’m missing something. Can any one PM me?

@cafofo said:
I think I’ve got the flag but it’s not accepting it. I’m missing something. Can any one PM me?

Can anyone please PM me?

need help if you want to provide, I don’t get it.
Hack The Box

Wow, lesson learned…keep it simple. Got there in the end!!!

@moony8272 said:
Wow, lesson learned…keep it simple. Got there in the end!!!

Can you PM me, please?

@Ismail said:
I think that I nearly got the flag, but I need a little help.
I have a random string and decoded it, it looks like the flag but not at all.
it starts with HZ{blablablabla}
any hints?

I have the same issue. Have you figured it out?

What OS did you do the challenge on?

I have this decoded and it comes out in HTB{} format, however, when I paste into in, it says it’s not correct. Do I need to do anything else on the text inside HTB{}?

Managed to get the flag.
My question is, has someone completed it with a script? Someone mentioned being able to do this with 1 line of code. I am very interested in see how that is done. I am too much of a linux noob to figure it out. PM me if you don’t mind sharing :slight_smile: Thanks!

@caperplips said:
I have this decoded and it comes out in HTB{} format, however, when I paste into in, it says it’s not correct. Do I need to do anything else on the text inside HTB{}?

I did not have this experience. I copy/pasted right out of the decoder and the flag was accepted.

Banging my head in the keyboard no luck :frowning: Need help

Anyone got some tips? I have tried so many different ways of getting a string to decode…directories with numbers, sort them, reverse them, directories without numbers…all different combinations. just tears :frowning: