Dev0ops hints

Btw it took me a day and a half to see the issue lol

Got root finally! Great box indeed @lokori

@3s073r1k said:
Btw it took me a day and a half to see the issue lol

If it’s the same issue I had… XML Is Sensitive!

Now to work out root when I get home!

Stuck at the priv esc, still can’t find out what the time machine is. Could anyone help me in PM?

Completed - really good lab.

flipflop139874 - when you log in, what might you check to see what’s been done?

So far I am having a blast. I got user.txt and I got what I consider quite close to root. That said I am a bit stuck on the format of certain files. Can’t really say without spoiling, anyone that can help confirm my suspicions in a PM?

Done! Thank you Bear! Surely when I became a historian, I could find the time machine.

Hey guys, got the user but stuck at privesc for 3 days. Can anyone PM me. Thx

Edit –
nvm got root, thanks @bluecipher

@melqhart said:
Hey guys, got the user but stuck at privesc for 3 days. Can anyone PM me. Thx

same with me i got user today …any hint ??

PM

Just done this box. It’s awesome and you can learn much from it…but you have actually to think about it. It got me 1 day to go from user to root but it’s a nice trip. Totally worth it.

Congratulations @lokori for this box.

If anyone needs tips, PM me.

Pffff finally rooted. What a pain in the ■■■…

My tips for getting:
USER:
Keep trying different formats. Start with a simple xml file that gets accepted. Then keep pushing boundaries.

ROOT:
In this thread people say history lessons are good, I’d like to say sometimes you need to take a step back, in order to step forward :wink:

Good heavens.
Finally rooted it after about a total 5 days of non stop hacking at this (feelsbadman) but learned a TON in the end. Multiple technologies at play that all come together. Anyone who’s stuck, you’re welcome to PM me for hints. For the rest -

User: It’s a lot easier than you think. Format is key here.
Root: Once again, it’s super easy once you figure out the commands and where to look. Think like a dev on this one (hence the devoops). Search and when you find it, you’ll prob slap yourself because of how easy it is lol.

::rootdance::

Finally rooted it myself! That was awesome. As a developer the whole DeLorean situation was not the challenge for me, it was formatting of the different keys etc etc. Awesome!

Hello, i’m stuck in privesc. I’ve reviewed many times the history and i thought of commits but i don’t know how to use that information to get root. Any hint?

A great box, thanks @lokori.

@Blastware said:
Hello, i’m stuck in privesc. I’ve reviewed many times the history and i thought of commits but i don’t know how to use that information to get root. Any hint?

Nvm, i got root!

Fantastic box @lokori Learned a lot and was challenged in ways I haven’t before.

Hi all ,
So i managed to get the “historical key” from the machine , but i cannot use it to login . Can somebody help me with initial foothold ?

Thank you

NVM , got in :slight_smile:

In this machine the user is way more hard to get than root, at least for me. I took like 24 hours for getting user and 5 minutes to get root.

For those (like me) who was facing problems with ‘internal server error’ because they never worked with XML a small hint: the first line of input , the version one, IS not considered as the root node (if this is is a spoiler, please remove). This is obvious for people that already used XML, but wasn’t for me.

Got root … Love this box <3 …
If you need any Hints PM me :wink: