Dev0ops hints

@smit2300

Yeah , I get to type command every 10 mins then it hangs up again… Pretty sure I found the area I’m looking for but trying to view past versions/fixes almost impossible… It’s been like that for hours

Hello Gents, anyone willing to lend some help via PM would be greatly appreciated. I’ve figured the upload, XML format, and user name part. Just haven’t been able to use any of this to get access.

PM me @bluecipher

Rooted :slight_smile: , priv esc is not hard, just use your head and think about you have :stuck_out_tongue:

Finally got user after messing with XML forever.

Father with three sons was what made it all click.

awweeee yea baby ::root dance::

pls help me by PM

So gonna offer a hint , hopefully not a spoiler! I was able to travel back in time easily I found the “key” to the DeLorean but it didn’t work, that sent me down some rabbit holes when Infact I had what I needed! Look carefully at that “key” and make sure it’s stored in its proper format as you might need to alter it slightly…look at other keys maybe… Anyway I’m doing the root dance now too ?

Btw it took me a day and a half to see the issue lol

Got root finally! Great box indeed @lokori

@3s073r1k said:
Btw it took me a day and a half to see the issue lol

If it’s the same issue I had… XML Is Sensitive!

Now to work out root when I get home!

Stuck at the priv esc, still can’t find out what the time machine is. Could anyone help me in PM?

Completed - really good lab.

flipflop139874 - when you log in, what might you check to see what’s been done?

So far I am having a blast. I got user.txt and I got what I consider quite close to root. That said I am a bit stuck on the format of certain files. Can’t really say without spoiling, anyone that can help confirm my suspicions in a PM?

Done! Thank you Bear! Surely when I became a historian, I could find the time machine.

Hey guys, got the user but stuck at privesc for 3 days. Can anyone PM me. Thx

Edit –
nvm got root, thanks @bluecipher

@melqhart said:
Hey guys, got the user but stuck at privesc for 3 days. Can anyone PM me. Thx

same with me i got user today …any hint ??

PM

Just done this box. It’s awesome and you can learn much from it…but you have actually to think about it. It got me 1 day to go from user to root but it’s a nice trip. Totally worth it.

Congratulations @lokori for this box.

If anyone needs tips, PM me.

Pffff finally rooted. What a pain in the ■■■…

My tips for getting:
USER:
Keep trying different formats. Start with a simple xml file that gets accepted. Then keep pushing boundaries.

ROOT:
In this thread people say history lessons are good, I’d like to say sometimes you need to take a step back, in order to step forward :wink:

Good heavens.
Finally rooted it after about a total 5 days of non stop hacking at this (feelsbadman) but learned a TON in the end. Multiple technologies at play that all come together. Anyone who’s stuck, you’re welcome to PM me for hints. For the rest -

User: It’s a lot easier than you think. Format is key here.
Root: Once again, it’s super easy once you figure out the commands and where to look. Think like a dev on this one (hence the devoops). Search and when you find it, you’ll prob slap yourself because of how easy it is lol.

::rootdance::