Hint for TartarSauce!

Someone I can PM for Root privesc ? i have found the logic error in the script but still not able to get the root.txt file

@xMagass said:
Someone I can PM for Root privesc ? i have found the logic error in the script but still not able to get the root.txt file

PM’d

Hi , I have got root.txt on tartar but not a shell, is there someone to discuss in Pm about how to get a proper root shell ?

I will need a while before eating this sauce again. I am stuck at priv-esc since a few days now, I have the script, I also understand why this concept of differentiating things is not ok. But … how can that bring me to root? PM or MM welcome
EDITED: Thanks @xMagass for the hints, it allowed me to come out of my panic about tartar sauce :+1:

Can someone DM me a hint or something?
I have been stuck for 2 weeks.
I found the webapplications that I think I am supposed to find.
I have scanned them using different tools and made a proxy to get one of the webapplications working correctly.
But how the ■■■■ do I login to the second webapp?

Finally got root flag, man what a painful box…

Hi I think I found all thing but i couldn’t get shell…Please Help…PM for hint

Rooted it :smiley:

Can I PM somebody for a few questions?
EDIT: Never mind

Sames as others. Got root flag but not root shell. Any nudge on getting shell?

@xtech said:
Just rooted!! and i can only say one thing: the creator of this machine is sooo EVIL

Ohh yes… ?

Onuma and @3mrgnc3 are evil… pure evil
Maker, collaborate with @trickster0 please. I’m pretty sure you can create a sexy box for HTB/Vulnhub

@pzylence Already been working on the next one. Its just going through testing right now, but should be ready to submit in a couple of weeks after i get time to write the walkthrough for the HTB mods.

Also, if you enjoyed my work, check out the boxes I’ve already put up on Vunhub.

C0m80, d0not5top & 64base.
:wink:

I personally hate tartar and donotstop… I am still struggling at root over tartar. donotstop was equal fun @3mrgnc3 :trollface: :scream:

I like this really interesting box and was able to obtain the flags. However I couldn’t get a root shell. Probably because I’m concentrating too much on the delicious sauce. Is it possible to gain a root shell with the sauce or do I need a different approach?
PM is welcome.

I’m working on root and a bit tripped up at the differences if anyone wants to bounce some ideas off each other.

i got the loging in fristry so that is defenetly rabbit whole i start to enumrate more and got some thing that some thing i enumrate it with some thing else there are some vurnibilities but i have not worked out how to exploit it mm…

that being said becare full this machine has too many rabbit holes…

@3mrgnc3 said:

@w31rd0 said:

@3mrgnc3 said:
Remember

The box is intended to be a TryHarder style lesson in the following…
- 1. Do full enum process of everything first.
- 2. Don’t dive right into the first thing you see.
- 3. Check for false positives and false negatives.
- 4. in real world pentesting (the whole point of practicing in htb?) not everything thing is usefull.
- 5. Don’t be a retar``tar:astonished:
after every post of yours, where retartar is mentioned, i feel even worse for myself, wasting time on rabbit holes. at least i got user.
still no root though

maybe re, tar, tar isn’t an insult…
…maybe…

…just maybe…
…it’s…

..shhhhh.

(whispers) … a clue.?

lol you just giving out too much clue :slight_smile: haha

i am stack on using some thing to read some thing and get a flag mybe tar, some thing else lol

@0d1n said:
Finally got it!!! Once the tunnel vision cleared I was good to go. Thanks for a great machine!

is because you only have one eye.

Rooted! Wow that was a tough priv esc but so cleverly put together! Mad props to the makers even if @3mrgnc3 is an absolute troll lol. PM me if anyone needs a hint at any stage of the box.