hint with the raining blood stegano challange

Don’t overthink and be patient with the step you take. PM me if you need more hints.

Guys, I just need to go take the trash to the bins, then walk to my neighbours to get dinner. When I get back I’ll tell you the tool :wink:

@Bvsty are you saying that the only tool we need to solve this is the tool you will tell us the name of after you take the trash to the bins and then walk to your neighbours to get dinner?

@hmgh0st said:
@Bvsty are you saying that the only tool we need to solve this is the tool you will tell us the name of after you take the trash to the bins and then walk to your neighbours to get dinner?

-.- (In a way, yes, but not the only tool needed)

@Bvsty said:

@hmgh0st said:

Welp, I got it. It was about patience. I had the right commands, just not patient enough, or thorough enough, with the command. I should go to great lengths to find flags in these challenges sometimes. :wink:

@hmgh0st said:

@Bvsty said:

@hmgh0st said:

Welp, I got it. It was about patience. I had the right commands, just not patient enough, or thorough enough, with the command. I should go to great lengths to find flags in these challenges sometimes. :wink:

Haha, did you like my hint thought? :wink:

@Bvsty said:

@hmgh0st said:

@Bvsty said:

@hmgh0st said:

Haha, did you like my hint thought? :wink:

I knew what you were getting at lol. I liked it. Some of these hints are more appreciated after someone has gotten past that point and looks back.

Flag FTW! ROFL! it took some basic thinking on stegano but this tool is in *nix OS.

@bLueF0x said:
Flag FTW! ROFL! it took some basic thinking on stegano but this tool is in *nix OS.

CAN you give me a clue I have tried everything possible still no luck.

are you talking about the C:\Users.… stuff? I am stuck here :x

guys pls can someone help me, i tried eveything but im hard stuck in this challenge. Now im in for 6hours :anguished: A little clue pls.

nvm, i got it. So ez and i waste whole day. Facepalm

Congratz either way :wink:

Do The Basic steps…And Find the flag slowly…
Hack The Box

Jihaa, I’ve found it rather fast (I dont get the slow hints ?).
and I even didn’t notice the picture in the mp3 till after I resolved it :slight_smile:
A fast content search got my attention on a familiar string format :slight_smile:
(I would like how others found it)

Seems like I have to ask for some help. I did the basic steps… But how slowly should I look for the flag? Do I need to use any readable data inside the mp3 file or this is just about the contains only? Need to know where to focus on

Never mind, I got it without help. Some Unix commands help to find the flag faster

Could someone PM me? I think I am in a rabbit hole. Thx

facepalm – stegdetect sent me on a wild goose chase. Thanks for the hints.

Its easier than we think.
Hint: strings
Think simple B)