Valentine

Hi all, need some advise. i got the private key. Any pointers to next step in how to use.

Am stuck on Priv Esc. Have tried a couple of exploits for this with no joy… am sure i’m missing something basic here. Nudges will be appreciated

NVM : Rooted

@aelric said:
Am stuck on Priv Esc. Have tried a couple of exploits for this with no joy… am sure i’m missing something basic here. Nudges will be appreciated

really, back to basics, no “exploit” needed :slight_smile:

got pass… I think… but don’t know the username someone plz pm me a hint

I’m lost… I’m hearing of a file that is the username but i don’t have a file just a pass that i decoded and aquired via a ■■■■■■ vuln ( lol ) but im stuck on this mysterious file and username

it seems you got part of the info needed. Do some more checking with what you can find enumerating some of the other services for the box.

Got root the “clean” way, but I want to learn more about why it worked. If anyone is interested, please DM me to help clarify what actually happened. I think I get it based on some background research, but it’s always nice to have someone else validate.

Can somebody PM me the intended solution to get the ssh key i used the Metasploit module and got the key.

Got user but stuck on how to get root, can someone give me a hint please?
Thanks!

I got what looks like a passphrase and a key using a well known python script but can’t figure out how to exploit from there. Anyone want to send me a hint?

You checked one of the services running on the box to get the passphrase, but what other things can you check for related to the services running on the box?

@mrb1rd17 said:
You checked one of the services running on the box to get the passphrase, but what other things can you check for related to the services running on the box?

I can’t find anything else.

hey i have the key but don’t know how to get the passphrase for it can anyone PM me please? and i also have the d*****.*** and e*****.***

Completely stumped getting root please PM me if you’ve got access and any hints

Got root and now i really want to kick myself, pm me for tips

Can someone please pm me a hint on the username and the where the rsa key is {via the exploit or a secret directory} I have the pass decoded and reletivley know my entrypoint

Hi, please someone can pm me I have the same problem! I found the passphrase but now I don’t know what I have to do!

cant find the private key everyone is talking about ! is it on the website ?

Hello :slight_smile: my first comment in HTB.
I have been struggeling with this one for a while, i seem to have all the pieces, but can’t put them together and get my way in to the box. Is there anyone who is up for som PM helping me, not only on this one, but on challenges as weel, i am pretty new, but up for a lot of reading and hard work. Just need a kind of mentor to point me in the right direction and some time show me the obvious…

Happy Hacking :smiley:

Just got user! PM me if need some hint!
H.H.!