Hint for Sunday

got one account

got other user yessssssss

got root.txt now trying to root it with 2 different methode…

would appreciate some help with root. I’m new to this and not sure which service to use. PM me please

@trounce1 said:
would appreciate some help with root. I’m new to this and not sure which service to use. PM me please

man sudo…

who tried to crack root hash ?

@sazouki said:
who tried to crack root hash ?

rooted good box

@sazouki said:

@trounce1 said:

man sudo…

ahhh I think I have it

rooted with two ways

ahhhh I finally have root. that was very enjoyable. not sure what the troll scripts are for though

this is doing my head in. got user, can seem to esc. i think i understand all the hints. but i’m at a dead end here

I got root quickly and in the easiest manner possible. Can someone pm me alternate ways to getting root. This seemed too easy.

can someone help reset the box… the important files keeps being change by other ppl so cant access the user .__.

im using eu free 1 T.T

Rooted it.
Machine was pain. Reason isn’t that it was difficult, reason is that it is really hardly lagging.
Port scan was a pain, sometimes ports appeared open, sometimes not due to timeout to port. Then the hole machine did not response.

On shell there was also a random response lag, longest a few minutes.
This machine needs some fixing.

@wirehack7 said:
Rooted it.
Machine was pain. Reason isn’t that it was difficult, reason is that it is really hardly lagging.
Port scan was a pain, sometimes ports appeared open, sometimes not due to timeout to port. Then the hole machine did not response.

On shell there was also a random response lag, longest a few minutes.
This machine needs some fixing.

Yeah the EU VIP servers seem to be crapping themselves even after a fresh reset with no other active users - free server seems fine though.

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

Can someone help me via PM to get root? I know what I need to run in order to get the flag but I’m not sure how to run it.

Edit: got root! :slight_smile:

So I rooted this machine but I got spoiled by reading the name of the initial user on here - can someone PM me if there actually is a legit way to obtain this username?