Jerry

Comments

• Creds different for different dirs? Or is this a password being changed issue?

• Password being changed, I think. I (luckily, from reading the rest of the thread) didn't run into any issues with different directories having different credentials.

• nikto does more than half of the job

• edited July 2018

I got the SYSTEM on the box, however I am having issues accessing the flags. Tried a lot of stuff with local users, but still getting Access Denied when doing a type on the file

• @T0x1cSil3nce said:
    I got the SYSTEM on the box, however I am having issues accessing the flags. Tried a lot of stuff with local users, but still getting Access Denied when doing a type on the file

My mistake. Solved!

• edited July 2018

@xtech said:
    ok who thinks that HTB admins are changing the password on purpose for people to buy VIP Services? i mean no one is that fast to change the password in 30 sec after reset

@xtech said:

@smjogi said:
    I use vip. There aren't that problems.

yeah thats what i mean. these machines are made like this so we buy VIP services

Ha, yeah I don't think HTB admins are conspiring to piss off free users into upgrading? I could be wrong, but I've been a paid member from the first day I signed up and I have had a hell of a time with the credentials that eventually worked after a reset and I know no one changed the creds, and HTB admins wouldn't be pissing off paying customers by changing things on boxes just to make them upset. Something else is the cause. Just my two cents though...

• If you want to check that you used the right password you can PM me with the ones you've tried

• @JoeDev said:

@xtech said:
    ok who thinks that HTB admins are changing the password on purpose for people to buy VIP Services? i mean no one is that fast to change the password in 30 sec after reset

@xtech said:

@smjogi said:
    I use vip. There aren't that problems.

yeah thats what i mean. these machines are made like this so we buy VIP services

Ha, yeah I don't think HTB admins are conspiring to piss off free users into upgrading? I could be wrong, but I've been a paid member from the first day I signed up and I have had a hell of a time with the credentials that eventually worked after a reset and I know no one changed the creds, and HTB admins wouldn't be pissing off paying customers by changing things on boxes just to make them upset. Something else is the cause. Just my two cents though...

That is one take on the world. Mine would be: they probably have better things to do and are already doing quite nicely thank you anyway.

izzie

• @T0x1cSil3nce said:

also got SYSTEM and my shell keep crashing when trying to type the flag file

any help with that?

• @Blitz3r said:

@T0x1cSil3nce said:

also got SYSTEM and my shell keep crashing when trying to type the flag file

any help with that?

got it, thanks for the help

• I can got both user and root in same time!
    someone make it or it's default of this box?

I don't have Signature...

• @takuma it is default
    if someone needs hints hmu

Mist0

• if you need a hint, send me a pm.

• Could someone please PM me? I have made it pretty far minus the shell. Based on limited details in comments, I should def. have a shell. Without giving to much away, I have the account needed to access the box initially and the ability to deploy any type of shell. The deployment keeps failing though. This box shouldn't take this long.

• This box is pretty easy. If you are sure that what you do is right, but it does not work as you expect. Then just reset the box. PM me if you want to verify your finding.

• Can someone pm me the hints. I'm quite new so need some help on starting. Thanks

• @GinoKun said:
    Can someone pm me the hints. I'm quite new so need some help on starting. Thanks

TOM and jerry

• I feel like I'm doing something incredibly wrong; i keep getting a 403 after enumerating and doing what i think are the correct next steps.

• @cl0udk1ck3r said:
    I feel like I'm doing something incredibly wrong; i keep getting a 403 after enumerating and doing what i think are the correct next steps.

PM me and I can try to help out.

• This box took legit 10min to solve. Kinda sad that there was no privesc required.

nscur0

• Just solved this machine in under 8 minutes. It's an easy and straight forward box :)

• fun box took me longer than it should have cause of syntax rustiness :persevere:

• I am pretty new to this so wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I was able to get the credentials, but not sure what to do next.

• as a NOOB personally... Even I found this box to be really easy... pm if u need hints

• @Monkey23 said:
    fun box took me longer than it should have cause of syntax rustiness :persevere:

got me too... spent over an hour researching oddball alternatives when syntax was my problem

• so ive been trying to use nmap on this but it seems as though its blocking the ping probes what do I do?

FrostMorn21

• rooted, very similar to another box I played with elsewhere

Parttimesecguy

• @FrostMorn21 said:
    so ive been trying to use nmap on this but it seems as though its blocking the ping probes what do I do?

PM me, but im pretty sure Nmap tells you what to do in the "error" it gives you.

• so i am i got root but how do i know wethere i got points for the box or not help please

Arrexel
    OSCP | OSCE half way!

• i need help some PM me i have ok changed edited etc but what file am i exactly looking for to get root! some pm i got full access tho webserver tho but i am confused to get root and to get points what do i need to do! thank you

Arrexel
    OSCP | OSCE half way!

Sign In to comment.