Text file stego

What are good starting points and tips for completing challenges like unified involving a message hidden inside a text file?

And yes i tried everything i found on google with no luck.

Research ‘how’ you can hide information in text files which look plain old to the naked eye :wink:

yeah…I have done that a lot, like I said i tried everything i could find on google.

how about white space

yeah tried that too

In computing, a character encoding is used to represent a repertoire of characters by some kind of encoding system.

^^

Hummm I’m still struggling with this one… What I did so far:

• Try and convert the .txt in notepad++ > failure
  • Open with hexdump -C, hexdump -R > failure

I don’t get it. Had the filename any hint in itself?

Try Burp Suit Decoder!!!
:smiley: :smile: :lol: :l

I need help! The first thing I did was try Burp (before even seeing this thread) and I found the unicode characters that look to be English and they all seem to be hes couplets bracketed by a number, but I am not sure what to do with this! Someone PM me if it would be too much to say here!

I know 7B is { in ASCII but that’s not quite what I see and the rest… I feel like it’s staring me right in the face, If it were a snake…

Think about the fact your terminal output maybe have a different encoding than some kali’s text embedded editors.

Hi, there I solved this problem by pasting the txt content opened at TextEdit to the burp suite decoder. However I found that the hex code show on the burp suite is not the same as the original. Can anyone explain? I was totally no idea about that.