Poison

Hello. I don’t know what to do with the password. COuld you please give me a hint (or PM)?
I tried many many websites and inserted the encoded password into it, however no success.

Rooted. If you are greeted with a grey screen. Hold left click down. There might be something useful there.

Rooted suited and booted, hmu if your hopelessly stuck

Hint: There’s a light at the end of the tunnel.

@z7Zz7ZzZ said:
Hint: There’s a light at the end of the tunnel.

But unless you know what you’re doing, that light ends up being a train :wink:

Can someone pm me the tips? currently stuck after extracting the .zip and don’t know what to do

Where are you people getting the .zip file from ? I have only found some kind of encoded password file and nothing else.

PM me for hints.

@Cli3nt said:
Hello. I don’t know what to do with the password. COuld you please give me a hint (or PM)?
I tried many many websites and inserted the encoded password into it, however no success.

I can’t help you with root on this one, still trying to get it myself, but look at what ports are open, services are running. There is a very common port open.

@Cli3nt said:

Did you get the final password? The directory where it’s found gives you a few hints. Just running it through something once won’t give you what you need.

Extracted secret and got a crazy string of symbols… I know what I need to do and the secret is the final piece but I think something’s going wrong on my end. Any tips, or anyone experience the same thing and figure it out?

I got the User.
Logged in to VNC but nothing more.
I am not even sure if I have extracted the zip files.
Can anyone plz help me to ger root?

ok so feel kinda dumb but more frustrated. I had a bad snapshot of my kali. Deleted it, realized after coming back I lost all my info on Poison. My fault I know. I have user and submitted that… But if anyone can DM me to help me get back on priv exec, I’d appreciate it. No answsers just a discussion if you have time and if not its ok, I just get to learn TWO lessons :slight_smile:

this box was truly difficult for me as a Total NOOB… for those of you that are stuck on the priv esc… keep reading its easy to skim past important information… for those stuck trying to get the foothold… make sure to enumerate the ■■■■ out of this thing. With everyone and their dog resetting the box it was very difficult to get a good scan… A GOOD SCAN MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE

What about grey screen with that process ?

@NoireMouton said:
What about grey screen with that process ?

Google the grey screen to fix it.And for the secret file, it’s not actually empty.And there is a way to use it with that service without encrypting it.Google it and u will see what i mean.
Just rooted.Pm if you want any help.

getting user was fun. Getting root - had to really think outside the box on this one. what frustrated me was i already use the method almost daily for other stuff. nothing fancy, just a lot of ENUMERATION as always (i hate seeing that word every time i get stuck)

Everything to solve the machine is already written here. It’s really easy.
If you read the posts here carefully you have kinda a step-by-step guide on how to solve this box.
If you are still asking, maybe you should continue to learn basics of networking and how UNIX based machines work.
This would make other boxes also easier for you.

The box was kinda fun :slight_smile:

@wirehack7 said:
Everything to solve the machine is already written here. It’s really easy.
If you read the posts here carefully you have kinda a step-by-step guide on how to solve this box.
If you are still asking, maybe you should continue to learn basics of networking and how UNIX based machines work.
This would make other boxes also easier for you.

The box was kinda fun :slight_smile:

R00ted. This is absolutely 100% true

having an "event not found " while unzipping!! any idea?
using unzip -p password zipfile.zip syntax
please help