Olympus

Rooted. Ctf-ish box, but one of the very best out there.
Well made, good job !

Thank you for the box @OscarAkaElvis it was a ton of fun!!

Anyone can kick me to the top? I am able to read the message from the Gods but can’t go beyond. Tried a couple of techniques but didn’t work. Thanks!

Finally got user.txt ! That was a pretty good box so far, lots of stuff all over the place, learned a lot !
I see a bunch of files laying around from other users, so I’ll try root later, when the box can be reseted.

hey guys i am seeing all this comments about (DNS,crete etc,etc) and i feel that i am trying to solve a different machine…i havent done any dns enumeration i havent meet up crete,i just saw an ‘oppurtunity’ on the response of the server and i exploit it…i have got a shell but strugling to find out the user.txt…any thoughs?

That priv esc was the bomb ! Really nice work all the way through @OscarAkaElvis !

@xenofon keep digging, that was just the very first step. I am a bit confused with all those names, but I’d say you stepped off Crete and are now in Olympia

@melka said:
@xenofon keep digging, that was just the very first step. I am a bit confused with all those names, but I’d say you stepped off Crete and are now in Olympia

i 'll do my best…

@xenofon said:

@melka said:

i 'll do my best…

one more thing…what i am supposed to thing to find the file…any helping road…?

Where would you go to find the user flag, and what do you find instead ?

Can i PM someone about something ( :stuck_out_tongue: )
Well, i found something like 30 sec after posting … It’s always like that ^^

Got root !
This box was verry pleasant !
You can PM me for any help :slight_smile:

@OscarAkaElvis thank you and well done on the box, great fun throughout, lots of increments, suspense! spawned novel ideas (for me) to grep -i rockyou. (because it’s hot enough here darnit) :wink: learned stuff…

10:10 would pwn again.

Hi, guys.

I am still stuck on “crete island”, I read the response package carefully, and I know that what I need to look for. I tried a lot of exploits, but I was failed.

Could anyone PM me to give me a hint?

Thank you.

I too am very confused on crete island. I’m unsure what I’m supposed to be looking for and or what route I should be pursuing. Could someone please PM me a hint/some reading material so I can learn what to do? Thanks

@SirFIS said:
I too am very confused on crete island. I’m unsure what I’m supposed to be looking for and or what route I should be pursuing. Could someone please PM me a hint/some reading material so I can learn what to do? Thanks

What tools do you know of to scan web services? Take what you get right off the bat from that and do some research on it. Does something come back that does not normally come back when using said tool?

@SirFIS said:

(PM’ed) what have you got so far with regard to enumeration?

Just a tip for someone. If you cannot pass the “web” challenge, probably you are not in EU or US.

You can launch an Kali instance in US or EU area in AWS, then, it will work.

i am trying to crack the challenge Lernaean [by Arrexel] but i wont able to get any idead please help me out

i got web user shell, and i got the password from cap file, but i’ve no idea what’s next. can anyone shed some lights ? or i’m on rabbit hole ?.