Mirai Question.

Hello. I just started working on this machine. I enumerated it and know the name is the hint. I have research the botnet for mirai and I kinda understand what it is doing, Problem I am having is the to set up a botnet is DDos and the rules say we cant do that here. I think I am missing something but dont know what. I have read all the previous threads on the machine. Not sure where to go from here. Anyone got anything for me?

DDoS has nothing to do with this machine. First of all enumerate more…, and then study how mirai works and combine it with the information you have gathered for this box.

ok Thank you. As I go I will use this thread if I come up with anymore questions. Please keep an eye for me. I will try not to ask to much as I like to figure out stuff on my own. Thanks again

Definitely study how Mirai spread. The solution is pretty yummy.

ok I need one answer so I know if I am on track or need to move away. is UFOnet needed for this?

for me googleing mirai didnt help me solve anything on this box, read the other form post about the box and pay attention to when he talks about the hard drive and the commands to read files, this is a major clue, then you should have a good way to figure it out

@Fif0 said:
ok I need one answer so I know if I am on track or need to move away. is UFOnet needed for this?

@Fif0 No, UFOnet is not needed for this and again DDoS has nothing to do with this box. Just study how mirai spreads and then enumerate - find what platforms are used in this machine.

@redteam611 said:
for me googleing mirai didnt help me solve anything on this box…

@redteam611 As I understand he hasn’t got yet initial access on the box so the other post won’t help much now.

@game0ver ahh got ya

Need help to recover files … what linux command ?

@sarmam said:
Need help to recover files … what linux command ?

You may not have to actually “recover” the files. Remember that everything in Linux is a file. Ask yourself how to discover what files represent which devices, and then ask yourself how you might view or otherwise manipulate the contents of such file.