Retro - Stegno

)

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

Currently, I’m aware of two ways to solve this:

1. Follow the thematic clues. This is the most rewarding and (I imagine) the intended way to solve this problem since you’ll learn a few things.
  2. Analyze the basic data you normally collect when working on a steganography problem. Look for patterns or abnormalities. Trust your instincts and you’ll find the flag.

@decart said:
Think about data storage in the 80s…

Don’t bother looking for a clue better than this one

Hi !, i have the mp3 and the txt , i use sonic -vizualizer but nothing appears .I have some clues but maybe spoilers so if someone can PM me . Thanks

Any hints? I have the audio and text file. The audio seems like manchester coding but I have no idea what I should do. Any hints? Feel free to PM me.

Done! Oh man, does that take me back a few years. That was a really nice trip down memory lane.
Many is the time I spent sitting waiting for the ■■■■ thing to load only for it to barf at the last second. And then again there is the old “spinning on a pencil” just to get back to the start. Yes, definitely trip into my early teens.

I got it after a while! PM for hints if needed

Can anyone help me out on this? I have what seems like the final file, but I cant seem to get any data out of it besides the & symbol. i’m so close I can taste ittttttt

I know very well what’s that sound. But have no clue how to use it without that specific 80’s beautiful piece of hardware. My old one is gone :slight_smile:

I know what the sound is, but no idea how to use it to get something meaningful

Search, search about 80´s data and search more about actual software to translate…

@eternaln00b said:
Search, search about 80´s data and search more about actual software to translate…

Thanks!

My advice is : listen to the audio file. Try to find something similar on youtube. Use the clue given.

Really stuck on this challenge. Have very faint knowing about data storage in 80s. Would be very thankful for a hint

@redlily said:
Really stuck on this challenge. Have very faint knowing about data storage in 80s. Would be very thankful for a hint

I’m stuck on this challenge too! I think we need a tool to convert .wav files into text or smt!

@DaChef said:

@redlily said:

I’m stuck on this challenge too! I think we need a tool to convert .wav files into text or smt!

I also thought about it, but have no idea which tool or software to use

Yeap i’m stuck there! Searching for a tool …

Hi guys, I’m also need help I don’t the meaning of the audio file. I have never heard anything like this :frowning:

Hello, I found the tool for the audio and I think I’m using it the right way but it tells me that the binary is corrupted, I tried re extracting it but it does not work.
Can someone PM me just to be sure that I’m missing something?