Hint for TartarSauce!

1468910

Comments

  • I was able to get the root flag, but I did not get a shell. Whether or not this was the intended way, it was a brainf*ck all along. :)

  • edited June 2018

    @Juniter said:
    I was able to get the root flag, but I did not get a shell. Whether or not this was the intended way, it was a brainf*ck all along. :)

    To be precise: I did not get a root shell.

  • guys - i am very new here, just started with tartarsauce, logged in to the admin, tried upload but failed.. any one here to PM me for directions? pls

    masuse

  • You can pm me. Currently trying to privesc from user to root

    Kevoenos

  • Nevermind rooted

    Sh311c0d324

  • Hello !
    I'm very stuck on the privesc part, got the user, found some things, but so far can't manage to get what i'm aiming for, someone is willing to talk about it on pm ? i'm a bit lost ...

  • edited June 2018

    Rooted. The mind works in weird ways... got nothing for privesc all day staring at it, but once I went to bed, I figured it out in minutes. This thing really is a source of tunnel vision.

    PMs ok. And I did get a root shell, but you don't need to.

    koredump
    If you PM, please include the steps you've already taken. Don't forget to hit the respect button!

  • Just rooted!! and i can only say one thing: the creator of this machine is sooo EVIL

  • I always tell people, "The best tool a hacker can ever have is patience". This box proves that. It was dumb crazy. Made me feel like I was back in the labs for a second. Very well done @3mrgnc3 and ihack4falafel (must not be on forums). I had a great time.

    Hint: The name of the box is the best hint you can get. So don't be ReTarTar...Durp!

    Hack The Box

  • Been stuck on getting shell for a while... Found both web apps, logged into one and got nothing. Been running the hell out of dirbuster/gobuster on directories on the r****s.txt files, but haven't found anything useful. Can anyone PM to get on the right direction? I Feel like I have missed something...

  • I got a root after a while. Thanks for help :)

  • @koredump said:
    Rooted. The mind works in weird ways... got nothing for privesc all day staring at it, but once I went to bed, I figured it out in minutes. This thing really is a source of tunnel vision.

    PMs ok. And I did get a root shell, but you don't need to.

    I did get the root.txt, can you pm the hint on the way you get the root shell?

    masuse

  • @3mrgnc3 thanks <3 great box!! Rooted it, didn't think one roots boxes that way very often, but why not if it works.

    All the messages combined in this topic constitute for a total spoiler :trollface:

    osku
    OSCP

  • Got root flag. The most anoying root i got!

  • This is a box that you learn more and more even after you have obtained root.txt.
    I've validated 3 ways to get priv esc to root, this was very educational!
  • When I started this box I hated it, but at the same time I enjoyed it because I was learning a lot. Good job to the creators. I finished it today and I think it taught me a lot.

  • Got it, finally. Thanks to @Maniek couldn't have done it without you.

    raystr

  • ok so I am severly stuck... can someone assist me.... i am trying to get root flag... i know I am like 80 percent of the way thru

    H4ck3d5p4c3

  • @H4ck3d5p4c3 sent you a pm.

    raystr

  • Can someone help me with inital access I think im derping out here...

  • After quite a long battle, I got a root shell. IDK if I consider it "realistic", but it did teach me a lot. Advise : Have a plan to enumerate if / when automated tools fail and always dedicate some time to open sources and research. Make the effort to duplicate your target in a sandbox environment so you can experiment with different techniques.

  • @fl337 said:
    Can someone help me with inital access I think im derping out here...

    Enumerate and don't trust the output!

  • edited July 2018

    Tarnation, this one was tough.. finally made it through to the end after taking a few slaps on the wrist for relying on tools! Thanks for the tip @Maniek!

    Hack The Box

  • Can someone help me with initial access I think i am lost. Could not upload you know where? spidering and wp not taking me anywhere? If possible PM me. Thanks in advance

  • @9r4shar4j4y enumerate using a common tool for wp. Test one flag at a time, Pal

  • guys, help please!! hint is using brute force in right wplace??

  • I'm stuck for almost 3 days. I enumerated every directory with gobuster. Downloaded m*******.zip open source app, read its files. scanned all ports. Found 2 exploits but none of them works.I'm very stuck. "retartar" I thought it was related somehow to .tar archive files but I don't know.I even archive php file twise into tar(re-tar-tar) :) BUT NOTHING WORKS. Very little help will be appreciated. I need just direction.

    Higgsx
    OSCP | GCIH

  • Could anyone pm me for priv esc, I know about the script and the "differences", I tried with root flag but doesn't print it out for me... so close yet so far...

  • @bonjourpancake said:
    Could anyone pm me for priv esc, I know about the script and the "differences", I tried with root flag but doesn't print it out for me... so close yet so far...

    work smarter, not faster ;)

    drtychai

  • @drtychai said:

    @bonjourpancake said:
    Could anyone pm me for priv esc, I know about the script and the "differences", I tried with root flag but doesn't print it out for me... so close yet so far...

    work smarter, not faster ;)

    I managed to get it like 20 minutes after I posted this :cold_sweat:

Sign In to comment.