Reversing Snake

I am being trolled by this!
Hints please :tired_face:

Same here, I got the username and password, program says “Good Job” but I cannot submit the flag. I’ve tried various formats but none seems to work! Also it seems the program checks only the first character of the password??

There is a reason you can get “Good Job” and it not be correct. Try to understand the rest of the script and the programs logic; don’t overlook anything.

Thanks guys, I solved it! The author was really trolling with us xD

this challenge is stupid

I had done with the code but stuck in flag incorrect

@stormbringer said:

how!!
I’m stuck… with flag incorrect…
I have already got the username and pass

@jowinchemban said:

@stormbringer said:

how!!

then you have been trolled, hard to help when m0noc’s hint says it all.

@d4rk3r said:

@jowinchemban said:

@stormbringer said:

how!!

then you have been trolled, hard to help when m0noc’s hint says it all.

I have been trolled with the password for sure xD, but still don’t get it!

@m0noc said:
There is a reason you can get “Good Job” and it not be correct. Try to understand the rest of the script and the programs logic; don’t overlook anything.

So I wrote a tiny python script to help reverse The Snake (after getting tired of retyping stuff in the REPL). It’s output produces ‘Good Job’ from snake.py everytime, but wasn’t being accepted as the correct flag.

When I looked over the script again I found a way to input a simpler password, but this still isn’t being accepted by the HTB site…

Any suggestions?

Trying not to say too much here… apologies if I did.

Feel like the challenge in this one is trying to figure out what the creator was thinking because I have deciphered the script and no idea what expected password is

@Meatex @bashM0nk3y @jareck @jowinchemban

the program logic needs review and a little modification, notice that the “Good job” is printed only once…

I’m confused;
I have already got the string but it is not accepted on HTB. I don’t see how fixing the comparison loop is going to change the contents of the string/list

@danymogh said:
@Meatex @bashM0nk3y @jareck @jowinchemban

the program logic needs review and a little modification, notice that the “Good job” is printed only once…

best hint so far that ive seen…

thanks for the trail of bread crumbs!

@Meatex
pay attention to how the loop actually operates

I solved the challenge pretty quickly (with a little guessing and few assumptions) but I still have little idea about the intended logic of the flag:)

I really dont know what to do here. I think i understand the logic behind the “encryption” and the password checking, i still have no idea what the intended password parameter for the flag is. It doesnt seem to be the things that are working as a password entry, and i dont know what else could be meant with “password” in the flag if not the text you can put into the programm to get a “Good job” message.

guys, the hint still doesn’t help… like what does it even have anything to do with the loop ?

Even tried the unused variables and they don’t change to anything meaningful
Not good enough to fix the loop but I still can’t fathom how that matters as I know the what its getting compared against
Feel like I need to know some obscure quirk to python that is still years of practice away for me tbh

I’m in the same boat - got the username and password, got the Good Job message, but now I’m not sure where to go. I think I understand the program logic but then again…

@MistletoeH said:
I’m in the same boat - got the username and password, got the Good Job message, but now I’m not sure where to go. I think I understand the program logic but then again…

make sure you really understand the logic of the program. there’s something odd about a part in the end. And why is everyone talking about being trolled in here?