Olympus

Comments

• Could someone give a nudge on the 'Help from the Gods'? :) I have some ideas but not sure how to get them going...

• Never mind, got root, and willing to lend a hand to others who may need it.

• Finally solved it. Kudos to Elvis! :-D :+1:

r00tk1d

• Rooted! Great box @OscarAkaElvis , learned a lot!
    Feel free to PM me if anyone needs help :)

1u1zsec

• edited May 2018

Damn, this thing was a real challenge. @OscarAkaElvis put some thought into this one, definitely learned a lot. Would recommend 10/10.

// Edit: Finding the entry point to hades was actually the hardest part imo. If you never heard of the required technique you're lost af.

nscur0

• very fun. enjoyed the ride on this one!

• Finally rooted super fun box. Learned a lot thank you @OscarAkaElvis

• Great box! One of the most fun so far! Many lessons learned! Congrats @OscarAkaElvis !!!

For those with problem of the RST package in the first step, try to use a machine closer to Olympus for the task!

And when there are no more hope, sing: Knock-knock-knockin' on Hade's door! ;D

m3ntawa1

• edited June 2018

Box took me a while (and a little push) but finally got root, was a great learning experience overall. If anyone needs some help, feel free to shoot me a pm here or on MM

Kwicster

• Hello, just finished the machine. I learnt a lot, thumbs up for the machine maker. The only thing I disliked was the guessing part. I actually needed some help on there. It would be awesome if you could remake this machine and trade the guessing part with some other real case study, it was a bit CTF like.
    @OscarAkaElvis

• That was a hell of a box, fun though!

• My hint for getting user and getting past the cap part: If you can decrypt the traffic and read it, you have enough information to move on. Review the intel you've acquired.

• This is my favourite box so far. Thanks to @OscarAkaElvis.

• im having a lot of fun with the box. right now stuck on on rhodes. not really sure where to go on from here. any one got any tips?

• Ok. I got into Olympia. I dont know what to do next. The help from the gods isnt very helpful. I am assuming I have to brute force for the next step. Am I in the right direction?

H4ck3d5p4c3

• i meant i am stuck in the same place h4ck3d5p4c3 is

• Ok I figured out rhodes but the gods till arent helping me yet lol Need root flag hint!

H4ck3d5p4c3

• Got initial foothold to the machine then decrypted .cap file , got one info from it , but now i don't know how to move on so any hints will be greatly appreciated . Thank you

TheBandit

• I finally figured it all out... Probably one of my favorite boxes to date! very challenging and I definitely learned a lot!! Thank you @OscarAkaElvis

H4ck3d5p4c3

• very good job to the creator of this machine. this was very fun. had me stumped for a while on dns part but i got some help and achieved root not long after.

• hi everyone,
    i get access to this box found cpa file i decrypt it and read i found one thing;
    have i to connect to or whats next any hint for me

Raouf09

• @bmanc42 said:
    very good job to the creator of this machine. this was very fun. had me stumped for a while on dns part but i got some help and achieved root not long after.

Hi am also stumped on the DNS part. It feels like there is a technique needed that I don't know/have. Any tips via PM would be very much appreciated

• Great Box. well created and designed :D just rooted

• Can anyone PM regarding moving past the cap file? Thanks

GingerHackz

• edited June 2018

Wow, rooting this thing was truly the quickest and easiest part.

@simonrdavies said:

@bmanc42 said:
    very good job to the creator of this machine. this was very fun. had me stumped for a while on dns part but i got some help and achieved root not long after.

Hi am also stumped on the DNS part. It feels like there is a technique needed that I don't know/have. Any tips via PM would be very much appreciated

All the information you need is in the hint. Look at some things you might do to acquire information during a pentest.

koredump
    If you PM, please include the steps you've already taken. Don't forget to hit the respect button!

• I know what to do with DNS, but don’t know one of the parameter I have to use (whcih should be based on the info collected from the cap). Some said this was more CTF-like and not really tech. For the love of God (excuse the pun), can’t figure out how to move on. Any hep is appreciated

mrf1sh

• Can someone PM me, I try something on crete, but kept getting RST. halpz

Hack The Box

• I have a question about getting the user flag. Should I be able to get it after getting a shell on the box initially?

Hack The Box

• edited June 2018

Need a nudge on getting to the portal of Hades, and which technique to use here.

Got the TXT messages/records from ZT, but am stuck on how to proceed. A nudge will be much appreciated.

Furthermore I see an IP in the response records which is not directly accessible from HTB, not sure if it is a rabbit hole - did try pivoting techniques with out any luck.

Edit: - Ok found the technique after re-visiting all the post in this discussion - Got user now :) Further on to Priv esc !

Cool box, definitely learning some new stuff here...

ninpox

• edited June 2018

Got Root! again Cool box!

PM if you need a nudge/hint

ninpox

Sign In to comment.