Senseless Behaviour

I solved the challenge simply by listening the song and I got the inspiration.

PM me for a nudge.
Edit: offering help, not asking for it =]

:smiley: listened so many time now that I have it on my ears all the time… but the ispiration is still long to come :smiley:

anyone can help me. how to to decode that wav file

@ArmaTank said:
anyone can help me. how to to decode that wav file

inbox me on MM

Ha, I made that one a lot harder than I should have. Good challenge!

I managed to get an 18000+ line text file from the audio clip, which I’ve been playing around with in various ways and have now ended up with a huge hex dump that has a PNG signature, IHDR chunk and IEND chunk… but I can’t figure out how to view it as an image, and can’t find any useful looking strings in it.

Am I on the right track with this or have I gone way off course or even been trolled by the creator? Could use a nudge either way…

yeh u r on the right track, just extract those hex dumps with terminal

Shout out to @thereallulz for the nudge in the right direction.

If you have a bunch of seemingly random data, it is not random decode and change the file type. When you see what the actual binary data says you will know the file type you need.

@HeiGou said:

If you have a bunch of seemingly random data, it is not random decode and change the file type. When you see what the actual binary data says you will know the file type you need.

I know the filetype we got, opened the file, and found the “dots”, coverted it to text, and I have a string related to “bats”. But no ideia what to do with it. as it’s not the HTB flag

i got the file with random strings of like 1000 lines… i dont know how to proceed…can anyone nudge me in pm… thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Don’t be deceived by those 4 files

And shoutout to @thereallulz and @rewks for the hints

@Scheznyk said:

I have got only 1 file… and its a file with random letters and numbers… i have no clue on how to proceed…

@HeiGou said:

Follow this @NightHunter007

@Scheznyk said:

So, those 4 files are not in the right direction. Need to re-think then. Trying a few more app to find hidden data in the wav file and still getting no lucks.

Any hint and clue please.

I’ve got some “secrets” from what I believe to be the final image. Am I missing something to decrypt? Can i do something solely with these 2 “secrets”?

That challenge is awsome o.o

I need some hints, I’m stuck. First I got 4 files mysql compressed, then I tried different tools (soc, audacity, sonic visualizer) with no results.

@deleite said:
I need some hints, I’m stuck. First I got 4 files mysql compressed, then I tried different tools (soc, audacity, sonic visualizer) with no results.

same :frowning: :facepalm: Thanks, @L:+1:

@rewks said:
I managed to get an 18000+ line text file from the audio clip, which I’ve been playing around with in various ways and have now ended up with a huge hex dump that has a PNG signature, IHDR chunk and IEND chunk… but I can’t figure out how to view it as an image, and can’t find any useful looking strings in it.

Am I on the right track with this or have I gone way off course or even been trolled by the creator? Could use a nudge either way…

What tool did you use ?