Dropzone

@valentinelocke said:
I can’t get anything out of nmap and I’ve tried every variation of firewall evasion I know. What am I missing, here?

Im in the same place Can some one PM me ?

Finally rooted. Feel free to PM me for vague hints :slight_smile:

Anyone willing to give a nudge on foothold? I’m pretty stuck, have an idea but am not 100% where to go

If someone has some time can someone explain to me why my . won’t compile properly when placed in the correct directory. But when I test it running m**.exe it works just fine…

edit for further info: found the 2-3 blog posts & tried all the examples from them as well. Nothing seems to be working, wasted a good amount of my day learning about *** .

Same question here. My created M file is correct, but won’t work when put in the right place. Can someone give me some pointers, or have a look at my file?

This box is <3 <3 <3 !! Thanks @eks @rjesh !

@onlyamedic said:
If someone has some time can someone explain to me why my . won’t compile properly when placed in the correct directory. But when I test it running m**.exe it works just fine…

edit for further info: found the 2-3 blog posts & tried all the examples from them as well. Nothing seems to be working, wasted a good amount of my day learning about *** .

Did you try to run own machine? Dropzone lets enumerate itself very accurately so you can setup identical environment.

Regarding compiling from blog … it is very easy to make a mistake -:wink:

@macw141 said:

@onlyamedic said:

Did you try to run own machine? Dropzone lets enumerate itself very accurately so you can setup identical environment.

Regarding compiling from blog … it is very easy to make a mistake -:wink:

I realized that, I set up the same OS version that’s present on dropzone & installed entry point software.

Also now am able to place the file in the correct directory, and have it automatically execute.

When attempting on dropzone it doesn’t give back a shell for some reason. I don’t have a lot of time after work to keep debugging why, it’s not working but from “inspecting” some of the log files on box ( ******.log ) it shows that my M file parsed & compiled with no issues.

From peeking at other peoples M files, they look slightly different like they were generated with some sort of automated tool. Maybe this is it? I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. I’ve pretty much skipped this box for the time being, hella annoying.

Can I dm someone who’s completed this box my *** file so I can figure out why it’s not working? I showed it to a few other people & they don’t understand why it shouldn’t be working.

Hit a relative brick wall pretty much.

@osku said:
This box is <3 <3 <3 !! Thanks @eks @rjesh !

Thanks for the kind words.
Hope you liked it! :smiley:

Kindly, you can always test on a local VM first friends :wink:

This box is mindf**k. Love it.

Ok…THIS was top notch. Thanks @eks and @rjesh. I needed to know this! lol

A very nice machine. I had lot of fail attempts with this box, yet I learned a lot from it also. Replicate the environment for local testing is the way to solve this box.
+1 for creators @eks and @rjesh
Thanks @peek and @drtychai for hints

Most traumatizing box I’ve ever experienced. Never again… thank you @macw141 born2root & anyone else I bugged about this one. No more crying myself to sleep anymore :3

What a fantastic box, thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt some new tricks!! If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me for a little nudge :slight_smile:

That was a pain! Got it

Nice box… learned something new about Windows on my way …

setup the exact os on a local VM but payload disappears into the bad folder. tried all sorts of payload but no execution. should be easy but not as I thought.

I have the same setup as this box , OS and protocol with a working payload. However i notice if i drop i drag and drop the payload to the directory i get a reverse shell. However sending the payload through the protocol it ends up in a virtual folder and no execution . I am assuming this could be the case on this box as well.

EDIT: Got there at last…sometimes the hard way is the only way. Thanks guys for the nudges.