misDIRection

After reading these and scrolling through the directories, I still have nothing but a random string which seems to be a ciphertext. A nudge would be appreciated! Feel free to PM if you are able to help! :smiley:

Nevermind I got it :smiley:

Well, I got the information, but still not getting the right flag. I might be missing that part about “keeping the direction in mind”. Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve done as far as I can on this at the moment, trying out many different approaches but yielding nothing at all useful. If anyone is willing to give me a nudge I’d appreciate a PM. Really good challenge.

Got it after a couple of tries. The DIRection is the big clue for those still having trouble. Could have more than one meaning :smiley:

1 to 37 file. i got it. anyone can tell me how to find that encoded string decoding method?

ooo yes i got it

Is the flag in the normal format? Do I need to decode it?

@md101 said:

No need to decode. but you will need to add the HTB{} to it. IIRC

@MiningOmerta said:

@md101 said:

No need to decode. but you will need to add the HTB{} to it. IIRC

As far as I remember, flag for this challenge has HTB{} already

Nope. It definitely needs decoding.

@md101 said:

ok got it my mac did not do well with this one. Thanks.

I don´t get what I am doing wrong…I have connected the dots…I have a String…I decode the String with tools by hand and it does not work…

would please someone help me how I can decode this String?

Feel free to PM me…

This is where getting old sucks. I just don’t have the creativity to think about options to solve this.

The first approach that came to my mind was also the right one.

But I banged my head on the wall for a couple of hours because I was lazily using Windows.

It is important to have both upper case and lower case subdirectories present in the filesystem to be able to come up with the solution.

When I have opened the zip file under Windows, I was seeing something like the following.

E.g.:

U:

When I decompressed the zip under Linux, things looked different.

E.g.:
u:

U:

As you can see, the files are organised in a different way. I hope this helps.

1 Like

I have the files organized in Linux. I have tried spelling the challenge name and converting from hex to ASCII. No bueno. Any nudges?

@C3PJoe said:
converting from hex to ASCII. No bueno. Any nudges?

That crossed my mind too initially, but you’re over complicating it. Notice the structure of the zip file in front of you. There is a folder for each digit [0-9], for each lowercase character [a-z] and for each uppercase character [A-Z]. Some of these folders contain a file, some do not…

This is a pretty big hint, bordering on spoiler territory.

I check all of them but I can’t understand ?..?

@autorun said:
I check all of them but I can’t understand ?..?

PM me autorun

I think I’m doing the right things, but when I try to decode it, it doesn’t work.