Pivoting from one box to another

Can any one let me know if it is possible to pivot from one HTB box to another?

In some cases, yes. I kind of tested it. But is it necessary or useful? For the machines not really.

I’ve heard from some guys who have given oscp that you need to pivot from one network to another via some boxes in the lab to gain access to other boxes, which are not given in the lab manual
I’ve seen ippsec do pivoting on Grandpa via Granny box. Not sure if we can pivot from one box to another one.

OSCP is designed to work that way.
The HtB machines are designed to be standalone (unless you go to the speciality labs)

Htb boxes aren’t really made to be pivoted into. RastaLabs is what you are likely looking for if you want to learn about pivoting.

Ah okay… so i need to pwn more boxes then in order to go to rastalabs then…

@onlyamedic… are rastalabs designed for those who want to try for OSCE?!

I kind of tested pivoting at one point because some machine had blocked reverse outbound connections. So I thought maybe I could just piggybag from another machine I had rooted.

But that’s not how it’s supposed to work of course :slight_smile:

@pzylence said:
Ah okay… so i need to pwn more boxes then in order to go to rastalabs then…

@onlyamedic… are rastalabs designed for those who want to try for OSCE?!

As far as I know, OSCE is mainly for exploit development, where as rastalabs is geared towards red team simulation. → https://zeropointsecurity.co.uk/docs/RastaLabs-Info.pdf There are also some reviews you can find about rastalabs on the net.

@lokori said:
I kind of tested pivoting at one point because some machine had blocked reverse outbound connections. So I thought maybe I could just piggybag from another machine I had rooted.

But that’s not how it’s supposed to work of course :slight_smile:

@lokori alright… how about you create few machines from which we can pivot, now that you’re a machine maker :wink: