MISC fs0ciety hint needed

@MrRaid9 said:
how do you decrypt, with openssl?

first figured out which cipher is used ā€¦ learn some basic algo ā€¦u ll find answer

Hi there MrRaid9,

You are following the same path I did, thinking about it in just SSH encryption.

Agent22 is correct and we should follow his advice.

Here is an article I found that can help, look especially at the encoding section :wink:

Also, reread my hints from above.

Hope this helps my friend!

skooldog

bad magic number? iā€™ll still research on decoding txt, but keep hitting a brickwall

took a while but i got it lol ā– ā– ā– ā– , how do i summit or im not done yet ? lol
ā€“updatedā€“
nvm got it, thanks for the info!!

Iā€™m still stuck on this one. Iā€™ve done alot of manipulation to the string in a few formats. Done freqency analyis on the 4 char sets and the 8 chars but I think I might be looking in the wrong direction given what others are saying.

Any hints?

@smpoile said:
Iā€™m still stuck on this one. Iā€™ve done alot of manipulation to the string in a few formats. Done freqency analyis on the 4 char sets and the 8 chars but I think I might be looking in the wrong direction given what others are saying.

Any hints?

It is very easy, when you have translated the primal types of languajes used by computers, you will recognize that pattern every time you see it, I promise you!

Lol got itā€¦ I was looking deeper. Sneaky though.

It is very easy, when you have translated the primal types of languajes used by computers, you will recognize that pattern every time you see it, I promise you!

Thatā€™s where Iā€™m stuck. Keep staring at the digits, no divide message yet.

This is really confusing because I am getting a message from a conversion but thatā€™s exactly whatā€™s not cooking :wink:

Any tips are extremely welcome.

@Wolfstorm your not smelling it!

iā€™m looking into the hexdump of the encrypted ssh creds file but not coming up with anything solid?
any suggestion will be of great help

What to do with binaries?

Oppsā€¦I need to read more.

@K43P said:
What to do with binaries?

ur question - is your answer :wink:

I got the code but i cant submit it :anguished: Help me please

LOOOL i put double dots by mistake

first to change base64 code then you get the binary code. and then binary to ascii. easy

My fastest challenge yet, very fun though, felt rewarding and easy 30 points!

@ppaecity said:
first to change base64 code then you get the binary code. and then binary to ascii. easy

Okay, something is not right, I did that, I have the ASCII, I can read it. I added it to the HTB{} but it is not working :confused:
Edit: Ignore this, something was strange, I refreshed and it worked

Type your comment> @Agent22 said:

u r very close ā€¦only 2 steps remainā€¦ this is encrypted text ā€¦try to figure out encryption algo ā€¦

it is not encrypted , it is encoded. there is a difference.

@skooldog said:
It states that this is ā€œEncrypted SSH credentials to accessā€¦ā€
in fact, that is misleading. it is encoded only. that is why i donā€™t like this challenge.

the original challenge description says, ā€˜Can you crack the ā€˜ZIPā€™ folder and get the SSH password?ā€™