Milkshake / Stego

Hi all, i downloaded the audio file, i use a tool for find hidden data:
"
Looking for the hidden message...
Failed to detect a hidden file.
No custom header was found.
Something failed.
i tried .wav too... but nothing,i don't think that i'm in the wrong way...

Comments

• Hi, when you listen to the audio you can hear some buzzing in the background which stops after a while right? That's a good indicator that the file has been messed with in some way and there is something hidden in it.

I have found this page: https://pequalsnp-team.github.io/cheatsheet/steganography-101 to be a useful resource. There is a section on audio steganography there that will help you complete this challenge.

• I'm still bashing my head against the wall on this one, cannot connect the comment, steghide and sonic visualizer. Can anyone please PM me.

• @f1b0nacc1 said:
    I'm still bashing my head against the wall on this one, cannot connect the comment, steghide and sonic visualizer. Can anyone please PM me.

I've sent you a PM :wink:

• Every day you learn something new, nice one :)

• I have installed sonic visualizer,but i dont know how to extract the secret file.Can anyone please PM me.

• @73rry said:
    I have installed sonic visualizer,but i dont know how to extract the secret file.Can anyone please PM me.

solved! Interesting

• completed this challenge if need any help feel free to pm :) :)

• I knew nothing about audio stego.... this was a good introduction. I'm sure it gets more complicated but this got me started.

LegendarySpork

LegendarySpork

• Hi, guys. Decided to take on challenges on HTB, so as a first one selected Stego/Milkshake. I do think that I have discovered the Flag after looking at the rainbow. It is in HTB{something something} format, but HTB does not want to accept it saying "Incorrect Flag". I tried to reload a form, logout/login stuff, but result is the same. Am I missing something here?

• You may be typing it wrong, double check every character and remember it is case sensitive.

• Now I got it!
    May be a hint for future users, hope it`s not a spoiler, are NO SPACES in the flag, although rainbow clearly show it.

Sign In to comment.